For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
The Controls Engineering Technical Manager is a working manager responsible for technical control systems support related to new product launches, new capital equipment projects, product line moves, in-source of subcontracted products, and production line efficiency improvements. Additionally, direct or indirect supervision and development of electrical technician(s) may be required.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Provide technical controls and electronic support to meet new product launch requirements
- Decrease overall time and costs associated with new product launches by reducing reliance on vendor resources related to control systems.
- Provide technical guidance on new capital investments to maximize utility and ROI
- Identify and implement projects that will improve Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) of existing in-house equipment.
- Mentor, through direct or indirect supervision, electronic technicians.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or other related technical field.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in controls for automation, in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with the operation, validation, and troubleshooting of automation safety systems.
- Experience with development, programming, modification, and maintenance of PLC’s for manufacturing automation.
- Experience with development, programming, modification, and maintenance of Human Machine Interface (HMI) for manufacturing automation.
- Experience with Robotic specification, integration and the establishment of Nominal Value Settings for said robotic systems.
- Experience with integrating and maintaining Vision Inspection systems and establishing Nominal Value Settings for said inspection systems.
- Strong Knowledge of machine automation control architecture including control panel layouts, wiring schematics, and sensor types (i.e. PNP vs NPN).
- Demonstrated proactive problem solving ability. Able to think objectively through various options and scenarios and formulate cost effective solutions to execute a manufacturing strategy.
- Share best practices throughout local area and L’Oreal Global
- Thrive within a changing organization and fast-paced work environment
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive
- Self-motivated and work independently and as a team member
- Influence team and work well in a cross-functional team
- Manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return
- Selflessly develop others
- Build positive work relationships with all levels of the company
- People Developer
- Implement and utilize the L’Oreal USA Manifesto, Behavior Charter and Competencies
Technical / Professional:
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions;
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,;
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results;
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
- Results oriented;
- Must be willing to travel overnight.
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.