Co-op/Intern position - Associate Scientist
The position is in the Product Performance Evaluation Department for the Consumer Skincare Evaluation Team at the L'Oreal USA R&I facility in Clark, NJ. The consumer group uses a wide variety of insights/research techniques and tools across qualitative and quantitative, including digital communities. The position will support the Skin Care group providing direction to key stakeholders in the labs and business to drive product innovation.
- Interacts with formulators to determine the consumer testing and consumer knowledge needs of the skincare labs
- Drafts screeners for recruitment and works closely with Logistics department to ensure proper consumer target is recruited
- Designs and executes consumer studies on how consumers apply/use skincare products and evaluates product satisfaction
- Analyzes consumer test data and writes reports to clearly communicate findings to the formulation chemists
- Performs social media research on competitor products and current L’Oreal brands products
- Collaborates with consumer scientists, formulators, instrumental/clinical scientists and outside vendors
- Current Student (Senior) Or BS or Master's student (NO More than 1 year Post graduates) in Computer Technology, Market Research, Marketing, Sensory Science, Cosmetic Science or related fields. Chemists, Pharmacologist and Chemical Engineers with an interest understanding products and passion for the consumer and beauty are also candidates.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to synthesize and compile findings into a clear, well-written. “story-telling” style report that provides actionable insights and conclusions to supporting teams and management
- Flexible, adaptive, responsive, resourceful and able to multi-task
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge of experimental design and scientific method
- Experience with social media research
- Interest in human behavior/perception
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint and data entry
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis
Work up to 30-40 hours a week in Clark, NJ
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.