Specialist, EH&S - 1st Shift with flexibility
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oreal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
Reporting to the EH&S Manager, The Environment Health and Safety Specialist at Salon Centric’s East Manchester Distribution Center will play a pivotal role in ensuring the safety of our employees and the sustainability of our operations. This position is responsible for implementing, monitoring, coaching, training and continuously improving environmental, health, and safety (EHS) programs and initiatives. You will work collaboratively with various departments, both locally and globally, to identify & minimize risks, maintain compliance with regulatory requirements, and promote an unwavering culture of safety and environmental responsibility!
- Partners with the EHS Manger to implement programs, policies, and assessments to ensure the site complies with all federal and SalonCentric/L’Oreal environmental, health and safety rules, and maintaining the sites ISO 45001 Certification.
- incident, the identification of root cause, and thorough corrective actions. Ensure that all reports are submitted into the L’Oreal EHS&S Application Portal (LEAP).
- Coordinate with Worker’s Comp Insurance carrier and HR any post-accident care of L’Oreal/SalonCentric employees.
- Complete metrics reports for monthly/quarterly/annual EHS&S reports; i.e. training hours, SIO, MESURS, transportable waste, environmental.
- Coordinate safety observations (known as MESURS), Hazard assessments (SHAPs), and Ergonomic Assessments.
- In partnership with the EHS Manager, assists the site in the identification of possible losses; evaluating the risk in such loss exposure; developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness.
- Support the facilities department to ensure that the contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with SalonCentric/L’Oreal policies and safety requirements.
- Complete / Issue safe work permits as needed.
- Maintain and update as needed SOP’s for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day to day training.
- Conduct or coordinate EHS&S Training, as required, ability to develop training material a plus
- Coordinate inspections by all outside agencies and or internal groups and document and track the correction of all potential deficiencies and participate in company’s internal audit team.
- Maintain the Emergency One Plan/Emergency Action Plan and associated procedures, and represents SalonCentric to the Local Emergency Planning Commission (LEPC)
- Maintain filing systems regarding worker training including regulatory local and state permits and fit for duty testing.
- Supports the site Environmental programs including, stormwater, waste management including hazardous waste, recycling, water, energy, and sustainability projects.
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in the support of the Environmental Health & Safety department preferred
- Intermediate computer skills; (e.g. MS Office including Excel and Word) are essential.
- Well-developed communication skills (verbal and written), with strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Willing to obtain additional training, including but not limited to ISO 45001 Lead Auditor, ASSP’s Safety Management Certification
- Experience with OSHAS 18001 / ISO 45001 preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Regional and/or overnight travel required to attend meetings or visit other sites as needed
At SalonCentric, we continue to focus on our people in order for them to perform at their best. That is why we offer a competitive compensation program; great benefits; and a fun, high energy, entrepreneurial environment.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.