East Manchester, PA
SalonCentric, the professional products distribution operation of L’Oreal USA and the premier distribution partner to the professional salon community in the U.S., has an opportunity for an EH&S Coordinator in our East Manchester, PA warehouse to have hands on involvement and in the safety program within this facility. Reporting to the EH&S Manager, this position will be exposed to a variety of safety related experiences in a distribution environment.
- Practice safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by SalonCentric/L’Oreal.
- Compile monthly statistics for monthly safety and environmental QIS reports i.e. training hours, SIO, MESURS, transportable waste.
- Coordinate and attend all progressive and inspection committee meetings and document and communicate the minutes and SIO’s generated.
- Review, update and be familiar with the OHSAS 18001 management system.
- Coordinate MESURS, SHAPs, and Ergonomic Assessments.
- Provide daily support to the facilities and operations department in the guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee / supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach.
- Responsible for assisting the facilities group in the identification of possible losses; evaluating the risk in such loss exposure; developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness.
- Support the facilities department to ensure that the contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with SalonCentric/L’Oreal policies and safety requirements.
- Maintain and update as needed SOP’s for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day to day training.
- Provide advice, assist, and audit line management to ensure that effective EHS is implemented and working.
- Support and contribute to the Site Training Plans by assisting with employee orientations; emergency response training; and coordination of general safety training.
- Support the facilities department with inspections by all outside agencies and or internal groups and document and track the correction of all potential deficiencies.
- Maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with maintaining the Site Preparedness and Emergency One Plans & Procedures.
- Assist in the review of incident reports which occur in the area of responsibility and reporting and managing the corrective actions.
- Maintain filing systems regarding worker training and safety.
- Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies and co-chair the Safety and Inspection Committee.
- Coordinate training programs using PRISM system.
- Train on the OSHA 300 reporting methods and support HR in this area
- Maintain Hazardous Waste Manifests and ensure proper documentation.
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (To include relevant work experience, competencies and education requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in the support of the Environmental Health & Safety department preferred
- Intermediate computer skills; (e.g. MS Office including Excel and Word) are essential.
- Well-developed communication skills (verbal and written), with strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Willing to obtain additional training i.e. OHSA 30 certification, SHE fundamentals
- Experience with OSHAS 18001 preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Some travel required to attend meetings or visit other sites as needed
At SalonCentric, we continue to focus on our people in order for them to perform at their best. That is why we offer a competitive compensation program; great benefits; and a fun, high energy, entrepreneurial environment.
Visit us at www.saloncentric.com or www.lorealusa.com to learn more about our growing company.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.