Función del empleo: Comunicación
Tipo de puesto: Indefinido
Tipo de empleo: Jornada Completa
País: United Kingdom
L’Oréal Corporate Affairs & Engagement
Communications & Engagement Manager
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
Our Corporate Division supports the 4000+ strong workforce in L’Oréal UK & Ireland. It’s a fast-paced and dynamic environment when you’ll have visibility over our 4 Divisions and play an integral role in moving our business forward.
We embrace our entrepreneurial spirit in everything we do, always challenging ourselves to new ways of doing things. That means looking for innovative solutions, sustainable developments, and having the freedom to go beyond the ordinary.
Our founder Eugène Schueller once said that “a company is not walls and machines, it’s people, people, people”. Joining our corporate teams means joining the world leader in beauty, at the cutting edge of innovation. But above all, it means becoming part of a team of talented and inspiring people.
Your key job accountabilities:
• Drive forward, implement and execute a 360, cross-channel proactive communications strategy that builds the Corporate Brand reputation, including: Earned Media relations, Paid Media campaigns, Owned Channel management (e.g. LinkedIn and local website) and Advocacy programmes (influencers/employees)
• As the Media Relations lead, you will be responsible for owning the implementation and execution of the media relations strategy to deliver equity-driving media coverage
• Formulate, own and manage an annual speaking and eventing programme, maximising local and global spokespeople
• Establish and manage relationships with brand teams and business units both locally and globally to identify and maximise storytelling opportunities
• Establish and forge strong relationships across corporate and sector-relevant media, as well as identifying new relevant media contacts as they emerge
• You will manage the day-to-day running of the press office, including overseeing the Corporate Affairs press enquiries alongside robust monitoring, tracking and reporting of all coverage and engagement KIPIs, including best-in-class post activity analysis and presentations
• Evolve and develop the Corporate Brand narrative, ensuring consistency and alignment for all cross-channel messaging
• Support the Corporate Brand paid media activations, working with external agencies to manage local asset adaptation and ensuring excellence in execution and campaign community management
• Support the development of locally relevant content opportunities, overseeing video production and photography in line with Corporate Brand guidelines with a multi-channel approach
• Lead Media and Advocacy event activations for the Corporate Brand, from conceptualising through to execution and post event analysis
• Support the team’s Issues lead on monitoring, anticipating and reporting on any potential issues that might impact the business
• Act as a trusted counsellor to business stakeholders, identifying proactive reputation building opportunities and ensuring that they are appropriately supported and prepared for media activity, public affairs activity, and other external engagements
• Work with an external agency to manage media training requirements for key spokespeople, including drafting proactive and reactive messaging
• Help to review brand marketing collateral for reputational risk assessment
• Help to ensure the accurate tracking of the external budget
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role and develop your technical expertise, and you’ll also benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face programmes and online bitesize sessions to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. With world class upskilling platforms at your fingertips such as LinkedIn learning and Coursera, which allows you to gain qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, your learning and development really is in your hands.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.