Urban Decay is seeking a Creative Operations Manager tor to join our team in Newport Beach, CA.
The Creative Operations Manager position plays a vital role within the Creative Services team managing cross-functional projects and initiatives across Merchandising, Marketing and Sales and all other business unit partners. Under the direction of the VP Creative Operations the manager assists with developing and maintaining project schedules based on established seasonal critical dates. This role is responsible for overseeing project development from inception through completion, by supporting Creative Operations Coordinators and partnering with internal creative and production teams as well as both domestic and international affiliates. This role is responsible for facilitating ongoing, effective communication with cross-departmental stakeholders, creative teams and affiliates. The manager should have a passion for creative and be forwarding thinking in terms of improving processes and building efficient workflows to support the organization. This role needs to be able to comprehend overarching issues, problem-solve and unify internal and external affiliate communications and information.
- Establishes policies, procedures, training and tracking mechanisms that result in efficient operation for domestic and international requests while educating requesters on achievable timelines.
- Manage, coach, train and mentor, while providing guidance and assistance to Creative Operations Coordinators and stakeholders in order to meet business goals and objectives.
- Provides support and back up to Creative Operations Coordinators to ensure creative requests are reviewed, approved/denied and assigned in a timely manner and project timelines are honored
- Co-own the development and timeline of the seasonal Creative Asset Guidelines while closely collaborating with the Production Design Manager and all necessary stakeholders to continue to develop assets that facilitate and support our global growth and long-term business goals
- Communicate deliverable due dates with Creative Services, Visual Merchandising, IBD and Global Marketing teams to ensure seasonal collateral start and due dates are honored
- Actively attend project kickoff meetings or regular conference calls with international and domestic affiliates and stakeholders. Provide guidance on best practices for new and existing creative requests based on seasonal Creative Asset Guidelines (CAG) and current established processes. Communicate next steps to facilitate on brand collateral and realistic project timelines. Communicate all necessary details to Creative Ops Coordinators and continue to collaborate with coordinators and creative team throughout the project lifecycle as needed.
- Assist in training requesters and project team members on Robohead, Box.com and additional project and digital asset management platforms.
- Work closely with Creative Ops Coordinators to strategically prioritize active and incoming projects on a daily basis by reviewing ever changing priorities and communicating with production and design teams.
- Build and maintain knowledge of past and current project scopes, requesters’ requirements, creative guidelines, and visual rights to facilitate accurate and on brand collateral. Communicate with traffic team on overlapping requests to reduce duplication of unnecessary collateral and ensure consistent brand messaging.
- Communicate to design and production team when final approved copy is available for use
- Conduct daily check ins with traffic team to ensure projects are on track; reprioritize workload to accommodate changing timelines or new projects
- Facilitate meetings with all levels of the organization to guide on proper kick-off briefing and project milestones to ensure the on-time delivery of all non-merch launch materials.
- Collaborate with IT and the business unit to implement, and maintain project and digital asset management software
These job responsibilities are subject to change in accordance with business necessity
Other duties as assigned
Successful employee should be adaptable in using their organizational skills to prioritize tasks and opportunistic in taking ownership of various projects. Have the urgency to anticipate busy schedules and teamwork to communicate with other members of the department/store to complete assignments on time and accurately. Possess openness in their problem solving and integrity in their research to effectively address the needs of the company. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Comfortable leading teams to inspire growth and develop strengths of team members.
- Team player who initiates innovative ideas and solutions to everyday and emerging situations.
- Works well under pressure, prioritizing projects according to changing deadlines, and follow-through on tasks.
- Strong writing, communication and organizational skills, be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Solutions and results-oriented, flexible and able to maintain composure
- Solid understanding of project management concepts including project deliverables, milestones and scope to complete each request accurately and on time
- Calm, direct, responsible, dedicated, positive, reliable, dynamic and enthusiastic
- Solid understanding and interest of creative development and digital technologies.
- Experience dealing directly with clients/affiliates, ability to build and nurture those relationships and inspire others to do so
- A strong strategic thinker, ability to understand business needs and to think creatively while following established guidelines and process
- Brand marketing and/or advertising experience a plus.
- Previous experience and knowledge of traffic systems within design/marketing agencies, or in-house departments is beneficial
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OR REQUIREMENTS
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Education/ Experience/ Licenses or Certifications:
- Four year degree strongly preferred, equivalent experience will be considered
- 5-6 years project management experience with the ability to manage multi-platform projects from initiation through completion within a fast-paced environment
- Able to manage multiple projects and prioritize projects according to changing deadlines
- Previous experience with managing visual merchandising, sales and/or marketing collateral
- Basic MS Office Software knowledge
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign a plus.
- Resourceful navigating and use of internet and Mac computers.
- Experience managing projects, timelines and resources using project management software - Robohead, Workamij etc.
- Basic experience using Box.com or similar digital asset management systems.
About Urban Decay Cosmetics
Our story opens in the mid-‘90s, when pink, red and beige enslaved the prestige beauty market. Flying in the face of this monopoly, Urban Decay unleashed a line of lipsticks and nail enamels inspired by seedier facets of the urban landscape. The vibe since day one? Beauty with an edge™.
While we’ve grown like crazy since then, we haven’t stopped experimenting. We now offer an endless array of high-performance cosmetics, from velvety-soft shadows (including some of the industry’s bestselling palettes) and creamy, badass lipsticks to weightless complexion products and high-tech setting sprays to make your makeup last all day.
Urban Decay is the leading, trend-setting cosmetics company that extends employment opportunities to those individuals who are just as passionate about working in the industry as we are. Our company's success and growth allows us to search for highly talented and extremely dedicated individuals who are eager to join our team.
We are part of the L'Oréal group. Find out more about our parent company online at: http://www.loreal.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.