SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oreal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends
We are seeking a Distribution Center Operations Supervisor for our Picking team. The exempt supervisor would oversee the 2nd Shift Picking team, with a general start time of 3:30 p.m. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday, with occasional Saturdays, at our LaVista, Nebraska warehouse. This full-time position is located at 11720 Peel Circle, LaVista, NE 68128.
As Warehouse Operations Supervisor, you are responsible for coordinating and managing the everyday operation of warehouse activities, including safety, picking, packing quality control and shipping. You will provide training and leadership to direct reports through attitude, action, training and communication to ensure that all departments run smoothly. You will be responsible for the coordination of activities within your department, ensuring efficient allocation of manpower and equipment to fulfill distribution requirements within the facility including quality, safety and sanitation standards during your shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieves daily flow of picking, packing, quality control and shipping of customer orders
- Responsible for ensuring that the Safety protocols, processes and procedures are consistently followed
- Directs subordinates in their daily operation within picking, quality control and shipping for the distribution center
- Assists in establishing work assignments and that the jobs are assigned effectively, completed properly, and in a timely manner
- Monitors and establishes production levels in the warehouse
- Establishes quality control guidelines and enforce accuracy
- Develops employees and monitors cross training efforts
- Coordinates with Operations Manager to ensure proper maintenance of equipment is up to date.
- Train new hires, organize workflow and identify priorities to ensure accuracy of orders
- Ensures compliance of employees to all corporate and departmental work policies and procedures
- Maintain compliance with regulatory agencies and ensure all areas remain in governmental compliance
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area and assists in maintaining the security and safety of the warehouse
- Provide leadership of team members under your supervision to ensure that they are advancing their understanding of their respective areas becoming prepared to step into other/higher leadership roles.
- Participate/Conduct communication meetings on a regular and routine basis with your team members and other members of the management team to coordinate functions and operations between departments, and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
- Review technical problems and procedures of your department and recommend solutions or changes in procedures.
Knowledge and Skills
- Requires the ability to support a team to accomplish critical and timely objectives
- Capable of receiving and organizing new and updated safety policies from various local and corporate sources
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and keep up with a faced paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree desired, High school diploma required.
- General knowledge of warehouse procedures and regulations required; Minimum of two years supervisory experience preferably in a warehouse setting
- Forklift certification and RF scanning experience desired.
- Must have excellent written, oral and computer communications skills to effectively communicate in person, through letters/emails/reports, and/or over the phone.
- Experience working with a diverse, multilingual employee base preferred
- Two years of experience managing employees in manufacturing/production or distribution environment
- Ability to learn every job’s function in the warehouse and perform it satisfactorily
- Self-directed and motivated with excellent organizational & time management skills
- Ability to accept and provide suggestions & constructive feedback
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation package
- Paid Vacation
- Paid holidays
- A generous benefits package with a strong company match.
At SalonCentric, we continue to focus on our people in order for them to perform at their best. That is why we offer a competitive compensation program; great benefits; and a fun, high energy, entrepreneurial environment. Visit us at www.saloncentric.com to learn more about our growing company.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.