At L’Oréal we want to hire great people with unexpected ideas, the ability to challenge the status quo and ready to shape and disrupt the future of beauty. "Run it as your own business" is our mantra. We are currently looking for a new E-Commerce Director for the CDMO team in Copenhagen. Do you want to be a key player in driving the ecommerce acceleration of L’Oréal Nordic? Then you might be the one we are looking for!
The Ecommerce Director is a key player in driving the ecommerce acceleration of L’Oréal Nordic. The role sits within the CDMO team. As the key influencer on ecommerce, you will drive the ecommerce agenda and map out the strategy to get us to be a major ecommerce player. You will work closely with the business, division ecommerce directors as well as all other functions including digital, media, consumer insights and consumer care teams.
L’Oréal Nordic ecommerce strategy
- Frame, and deliver 5-year ecommerce strategy working in close collaboration with divisions, CDMO, the business
- Define and deliver eJBP’s with key clients to grow ecommerce business
- Co-ordinate and scale ecommerce both internally and externally with clients
- Business development: strategize new ecommerce opportunities
- Manage and coordinate internationalization of clients, working with division zones, and the business to support client expansion plans
Our ways of working and upskilling
- Review ecommerce upskilling and training needs across the organization working with CDMO digital team to define training calendar
- Consistently evaluate and re-define ways of working, structures and resources to ensure we have the right organization
- Define progression plan and career mapping for ecommerce community
Ecommerce Business Reporting
- Analyze & identify trends cross channels and deliver reports to monitor the performance of ecommerce
- Circulate and be the voice of ecommerce across the business
- Incorporate market data to produce accurate ecommerce forecasts, and identify opportunities for growth
- Maintain & adjust the forecasting based on actual results & key learnings throughout the year
The successful individual will be commercial, with extensive client experience, and negotiation skills. The role has a high level of stakeholder management, with a complex organization working with divisions, CDMO, and zones. Ideally you have:
- 10 years relevant commercial, marketing or ecommerce experience
- A high level of project and change management experience
- Excellent commercial and negotiation skills
- Client facing, with experience of driving growth in a collaborative way
- Worked across multiple business units or divisions
- Autonomy to be a confident decision-maker and proven leader
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with ability to network and interact at the highest levels across the business
- Ability to handle multiple projects, ability to prioritize, and meet deadlines
We are looking for our new E-Commerce Director to start as soon possible. We are reviewing applications and inviting for interviews on a rolling basis, so do not wait to apply! We welcome everyone to apply no matter your gender, ethnicity, physical abilities, age, religion or sexual orientation.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you great level of responsibility from the very start, challenges and opportunities including an individual career plan, coaching leadership, an extensive catalogue of trainings and e-learnings, competitive personnel benefits, modern offices, and a dynamic and international working environment with engaged and skilled colleagues. Our Nordic organization counts close to 1000 employees based in the four Nordic capitals, Denmark being the Nordic headquarter and counting 500 employees.
Who are we?
Leading the world in beauty and pioneering the world of beauty tech; we are 86K employees across 150 countries on five continents and has a unique international portfolio of 36 brands. The Group generated sales amounting to 32 billion euros in 2021, and e-commerce growing by 26% accounting for a record high 28,9% of the Group’s sales. We push boundaries and move fast globally to stay ahead of the game. As market leader, we continuously deliver innovation and digital solutions that can bring beauty to all people around the world. L’Oréal truly embraces entrepreneurship, and you’ll have the chance to conceptualize ideas and bring them to life in an agile way not least through continued digital innovation. Your job will be your own innovation playground.
What we do at L’Oréal always have a big impact. Because we sell 7 billion products per year. At L’Oréal, we define success as making a positive, conscious impact. We’ve been recognized as the World most ethical company in the world by Ethisphere®. For the sixth time in a row, L’Oréal has been recognized as a global leader in sustainable development by the international non-profit organization CDP® in three areas: combating climate change, sustainable management of water and protecting forests, for the fourth year running. In 2021, L’Oréal was for the 4th consecutive year ranked among the TOP 5 most gender-balanced companies in the world by Equileap®. We believe diversity fosters creativity and accelerates innovation. To ensure that our products meet the needs of every form of beauty in every culture, our team members must be as diverse and inclusive as the world itself. For us, our job is more than just a job, it is about building a better future for others and our planet.
Freedom to Go Beyond. That’s the Beauty of L’Oréal.