Do you want to work for the market leader in the world’s largest beauty company? Are you ready to take responsibility, contribute, and further develop our company? Have you recently graduated or are about to graduate with a Master’s degree? Then you might be just the talent we are looking for to strengthen our Nordic Purchasing team as the new Purchasing Graduate at our Nordic HQ in Copenhagen.
As the Purchasing Graduate, your role is to assist with defining the purchasing strategy in line with the Nordic guidelines and group policies. You will do that considering the economic situation, market trends, supplier capabilities and financial health. You will play a strong role in the Purchasing team, as well as work together with our Legal Services to ensure that all necessary terms, conditions and clauses are included in the supplier contracts. In short, you are always looking to capture innovation opportunities both internally and externally. You keep in mind cost optimization and value creation. The role reports to the Nordic Procurement Manager.
Your key job accountabilities:
• Responsible for vendor management and supplier database maintenance
• Maximize suppliers relationship in order to create value to the business
• Anticipate business activity and act proactively with new suppliers
• Analyze business needs, challenge demand, optimize costs and negotiate with integrity
• Support and manage stakeholders relationship and operate according to internal control principles and legal rules
• Support in negotiating contracts that outline the business requirements, performance standards, rates and service level expectations
• Support sustainable purchasing, as well as evaluate and manage risks, performance and efficiency
• Placing purchase orders based on the forecast and ensuring smooth delivery of ordered goods according to lead time
• Support on the implementation of the purchasing strategy
• Support on ad hoc tasks
• You have graduated no longer than a year ago from your Master’s degree within Business, Purchasing, Supply Chain or similar
• Your CV shows your interest for Purchasing and how you have contributed to this field
• You act with human sensitivity and enjoy working with people
• You are motivated by challenges and have an entrepreneurial, open-minded, innovative mindset
• You manage complexity and thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• You are fluent in English. Knowledge of a Nordic language is seen as an advantage
• You have advanced Excel skills. SAP knowledge is an advantage.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you great challenges and opportunities including an individual career plan, coaching leadership, an extensive catalogue of e-learnings, competitive personnel benefits, modern offices, and a dynamic working environment with engaged and skilled colleagues. We believe in people and are not afraid to develop young talents into leaders. Our Nordic organization counts close to 1000 employees based in the four Nordic capitals, Denmark being the Nordic headquarter and counting for 500 employees.
We are looking for a Purchasing Graduate to start the as soon as possible. The employment is fixed term for 12 months. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so do not wait to apply! We welcome everyone to apply no matter your gender, ethnicity, physical abilities, religion or sexual orientation.
Who are we?
L’Oréal is present in 150 countries on five continents, and has a unique international portfolio of 34 brands. The Group generated sales amounting to 26.9 billion euros in 2018 corresponding to a 7,1% increase from 2017. As market leader, we continuously deliver innovation and digital solutions that can bring beauty to all people around the world. L’Oréal truly embraces entrepreneurship and you’ll have the chance to conceptualize ideas and bring them to life in an agile way not least through continued digital innovation.
We believe diversity fosters creativity and accelerates innovation. To ensure that our products meet the needs of every form of beauty in every culture, our team members must be as diverse and inclusive as the world itself. We believe in protecting our planet in order for us all to thrive, and L’Oréal’s sustainability strategy “Sharing Beauty With All” sets ambitious sustainable development objectives across the Group’s value chain. L’Oréal has been recognized by CDP® for our sustainability commitments and the Ethisphere Institute, for the standard of ethical business practices, a 2019 World’s Most Ethical Company®. In 2018 L’Oréal also received the 1st Prize for Europe by Equileap in gender equality.
Join L’Oréal. Lead the change.