WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT OUR BIG TECH TRANSFORMATION?
L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted itself solely to one business: beauty; it is now the industry world leader with €29 billion consolidated sales.
Today, L’Oréal includes 1700 tech positions and it’s constantly growing. Especially with our ambition to become the #1 BeautyTech company, meaning inventing the beauty of the future while becoming the company of the future.
BeautyTech will equip the Group with the key assets it needs to conquer this new world, where Tech has become strategic.
To achieve this ambition, L’Oréal needs to continue recruiting diverse, innovative, skilled and passionate minds in different tech domains such as Data, Digital, Cloud, Cyber Security, IT Architecture, DevOps, Applications and Infrastructure.
HOLD ON, WHERE ARE OUR MANNERS?
WE HAVEN’T PRESENTED OUR TEAM!
L’Oréal is in a period of growth and transformation in data and is building dynamic and multidisciplinary teams from different backgrounds to deliver on our exciting mission to accelerate the company’s Beauty Tech transformation.
We are looking for a Data Platform SRE/Data Engineer to join the Americas Data & Analytics team in delivering solutions and support for strategic data applications across the Zone.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL DO IN NUTSHELL!
We can summarize your missions in 4 main objectives:
o Automate and support data platforms across the Americas to make them more reliable, stable, and scalable as our usage grows and technology transformation is executed.
- Collaborate across engineering and product teams on the transformation and modernization of enterprise data solutions on Google Cloud Platform (GCP), integrating native GCP services and 3rd party data technologies.
- Provide SRE guidance in implementing standard methodologies in the areas of CI/CD, dashboard integrity improvements.
- Identify and implement the right set of alerts, SLOs and error budgets for services on an ongoing basis.
- Partner with MSP teams as required in incident response and root cause analysis improvements.
IF YOU WANT TO GO FURTHER IN DETAILS, THIS IS WHAT YOU COULD EXPECT TO DO
In the Americas you will be joining the tech team, to maintain the critical solutions delivered by our projects. As an SRE Analyst/Data Engineer you will:
- Work with data engineers, product managers, and architects to identify and resolve problems while helping guide an engineering culture within the support organization.
- Collaborate with product teams and data engineers to productionize new services and features across applications, as well as improve production landscape for existing services.
- Work with product teams to establish SLI and SLO metrics and help achieve SLAs.
- monitoring, tracking, and triaging of incidents to prevent downtime.
- Establish best practices in release management - focused on planning, preparing and performing the releases in the production environment, limiting potential impacts on service operations.
- Ensure that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient handling and execution of all changes, with minimum risk
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED!
We love people that are curious, collaborative, eager to have an impact and who value innovation, autonomy, and team spirit. You value code simplicity, performance and details.
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 2+ years of professional experience in Google Cloud/BigQuery
- Minimum 2 years hands on experience on GCP Cloud data implementation projects experience (Dataflow, Cloud Composer, Big Query, Cloud Storage etc.)
- Understanding of Google SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) best practices
- Experience in large-scale, secure, and high availability solutions in GCP environment
- Knowledgeable in code-based configuration, load-balancing, auto-scaling, monitoring, and problem-solving in a cloud environment, preferably on AWS and GCP products
- Interest in diving into and troubleshooting application issues and performance investigations throughout the tech stack
- Solid scripting, performance troubleshooting, and networking knowledge
- Exceptional communication skills - this role will require cross-collaboration with various teams and stakeholders
- You are resourceful, have a sense of urgency, and are motivated to make things better, to always be learning and to deliver the highest quality work.
WAIT, THERE IS MORE! LET US GIVE YOU 4 OTHER REASONS TO JOIN US!
Joining L'Oréal means joining a company that:
- Invests in Tech and positions its Tech teams at the heart of its digital transformation strategy.
- Allows its employees to have a real impact, to test their ideas, to innovate and to build our future.
- Has a powerful and innovative HR: a very dynamic mobility opportunities, investment in employee training, and other initiatives for engagement and enablement.
- Has chosen to uphold strong values and to be particularly advanced from a social and environmental point of view (strong diversity and inclusion policy, L'Oréal for the Future program, commitment to numerous communities, etc.).
The L'Oréal Group is convinced that difference is a deep source of wealth, that allows everyone to grow, to challenge themselves and to go further.
We strongly encourage everyone to always dare and never censor themselves. Skills can always be learnt.
We will be delighted to exchange with you!Ready to build the future of L'Oréal together? Apply now!