Position: Dermatology Sales Manager (DSM), La Roche-Posay
Reports to: Regional Sales Director
This is an individual contributor role.
The Dermatology Sales Manager (DSM) will be responsible for driving recommendations of La Roche-Posay products with Dermatology, Plastic Surgery and Pediatric Health Care Providers (e.g., MD/DO, PA-C, CRNP, and Aesthetician) within the Practices in MN and WI, to influence sales at the retail level. The Dermatology Sales Manager will be responsible for opening new Dispensing accounts and grow existing Dispensing Accounts within designated territory. The Dermatology Sales Managers will partner with Regional Sales Director to implement the medical detailing strategy to deliver and meet sales results and recommendation results within the designated territory.
The DSM is responsible for planning, coordinating and executing field-based strategic activities as directed and in accordance with company standards. Representatives are accountable for consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets for the product portfolio within the assigned territory.
- Partner with the Regional Sales Director in developing strategies and tactics to achieve territory-level sales objectives set by management on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Promote and/or sell La Roche-Posay products to current and potential La Roche-Posay customers
- Develop and grow the business within the assigned territory through total office calls in the practices and retail stores (e.g. Pharmacies, Retail Stores), an minimum of 85 practices and 60 retail stores
- Analyze and control expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Advise the Regional Director on competitive activity in the territory to allow preparation for the appropriate response.
- Organize and schedule tasks, develop objectives, strategies, and tactics, for each practice and retail store, to achieve and exceed goals
- Educate pharmacists and beauty advisors on the use and benefits of La Roche-Posay products to drive recommendations
- Coordinate special events such as speaker programs, lunches or dinners to educate and inform dermatologists about products to drive recommendations of La Roche-Posay products
- Maintain on-going communication with each designated healthcare practice within the assigned territory
- Build strong relationships with Health Care Providers and office staff within designated practices within assigned territory
- Help to build and maintain the La Roche-Posay brand image with each office and retail store
- Monitor and report Competitive Intelligence
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA plus
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years in direct sales required; Pharmaceutical, OTC, and/or Medical Device industry sales preferred
- Proven and Consistent sales results
- Must have demonstrated influencing and closing skills, with a strong ability to promote and sell goods, services and concepts
- Ability to self-manage and work autonomously
- Strong technical/clinical aptitude and business acumen
- Keen analytical sense and ability to understand financial concepts
- Proven ability in building professional relationships, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiation and facilitation skills
- Excellent selling and presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically and bring creativity to the organization
- Ability to swiftly adapt to a changing environment to meet unexpected demands effectively
- Strong computer and software skills
- Valid driver’s license with clean record and ability to pass complete background check
- Ability to travel 30% or greater with occasional overnight stays as needed
- Ability to work weekends as needed, based on Congress participation (e.g., AAD Annual Meeting – American Academy of Dermatology)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.