Job Title Director – Accounting
Division: L’Oreal USA
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Reports To: AVP - FL Accounting, Business Service Center
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
What You Will Do:
This role will support all aspects of our accounting and reporting process, have end-to-end process ownership to support finance and business partners, ensure the respect of the IFRS standards, and provide accounting guidance and often serve as first point of contact for finance and business partners to resolve issues.
- Manage General Ledger teams within the Business Service Center
- Manage the organization of the Audit (task assignments, follow up of the correct documentation to auditors)
- Ensure back-up for other key points of contact within General Ledger and Reporting teams in order to guarantee service continuity
- Be accountable for General Ledger KPIs and performance dashboards for the countries/divisions (group of brands); prepare action plans with the team member in charge of divisions/countries
- Leverage accounting acumen to work with business leaders and process experts to identify risks and gaps through data analytics.
- Works with multiple project teams to determine resources (people, equipment, materials) requirements and estimate cost of such resources within a project or program.
- Review General Ledger entries according to Group requirements: gross to net sales estimates, provision for risks and charges, journal entries for adjustments, pension obligations, and more.
- Review Balance Sheet, sub ledgers and trial balances for entities he/she supports.
- Review summary of variations of provisions
- Control Payroll entries
What We Are Looking For:
- BA / BS degree required, preferably in Accounting
- Current CPA license
- Minimum 10 years of experience in General Ledger accounting or group consolidation
- Minimum of 5 to 8-year experience in complex audit engagements
- Team management experience is mandatory
- Effective communication - comfortable in presenting and explaining results to several counterparts (CFOs, Chief accountant, Accounting counterparts in NJ and France, etc.)
- Ability to perform analyses regarding monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office 365, primarily advanced Excel skills
- Support the financial statement month-end close process through timely and effective review of journal entries, reconciliations and managing close deliverables
- Perform and oversee effectiveness for key financial controls
- Special projects as required
- Travel to New Jersey and Montreal, Canada is required (Approx. 5%)
- Big 4 Experience preferred
- Shared service center experience is appreciated
- SAP experience preferred but not required
- Consumer products company background preferred
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.