Job Description Form
Job Title: Dir, Content
Function: Digital Content
FLSA status: Exempt
Supervisor Title: SVP, Marketing
Location: New York
Date: January 2021
The head of Digital Content will be responsible for overseeing the creation of all US Original for PDP, Lcom On-Site Assets, Email/SMS, Media, and Social Media. They will also have direct responsible for retail marketing and fragrance content creation.
- Responsible for creating engaging, relevant and original content for the Lancôme brand for use across all platforms including PDP, LCOM, Email, media and social media, and for ensuring the prompt and accurate trafficking of those assets to the relevant teams.
- Accountable for the management of digital content for the Retail Marketing and Fragrance category.
- Works cross-functionally with the product marketing, social, media and D2C teams to conceptualize, plan and traffic US content for all the categories.
- Tracks the competition, has in-depth awareness and knowledge of the latest content trends, site experiences, and storytelling and cultivates new content ideas and brainstorm innovative content formats.
- Makes recommendations to the category teams on type of original content and features needed.
- Offers support to the category teams with feedback and recommendation for DMI produced assets.
- Manages the briefs and execution of content development with the creative services group.
- Accountable for the analysis of content performance by working closely with the Consumer Activation Lead and the L.COM Consumer Engagement Lead. Reports, analyze performance and make recommendations for content updates and creation.
- Keeper of Lancôme’s unique voice and tone across brand and growth marketing channels, ensuring adherence to global guidelines.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience with heavy experience
- College Degree
- Displays strong sensitivity to our “Métier”: focuses on quality, understands brands and has in-depth knowledge of the beauty industry, retail dynamics, competitors, market, trends and the US beauty consumer.
- Strong project management skills: can direct the creative process, can offer relevant feedback to creatives and can provide creative direction
- Innovates – Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity
- Achieves results with integrity – conveys energy, focuses on results
- Manages complexity
- Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively (i.e. presents confidently and convinces others)
- Direct or indirect management experience
1. Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect, develops others (i.e. explains strategic objectives and the meaning of projects; manages senior/junior members as needed) and enriches team dynamics (i.e. motivates the team to work with diverse personalities and cultures)
2. Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality, continues to build personal knowledge of the beauty business and understanding of beauty and Consumer Behaviors.
3. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative (i.e. demonstrates resourcefulness), focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. improves work processes to save time and resources) and develops a vision. Considers consumers a company asset.
4. Innovates – Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity and utilizes data to draw new insights.
5. Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results, deliverables and follow-through (i.e. accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines) and acts with integrity
6. Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. analyzes issues by combining listening, observation, reasoning and common sense) and makes decisions (i.e. finds solutions when facing dilemmas)
7. Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively (i.e. presents confidently and convinces others) and actively networks
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.