Job Title: Director – International Business Development, PULP RIOT
Brand History: Pulp Riot was founded 3 years ago. The talented team quickly scaled the brand, and just 2 years later L’Oreal acquired the brand. The Pulp Riot founders and team responsible for its success, continue to run the brand from Los Angeles, and they’ve grown by adding more talented, hardworking, happy, and successful people to their lean team. Together they have fun continuing to disrupt the beauty industry and working toward meeting their ambitious growth goals.
Responsible for the management and strategy of Pulp Riot Global marketing, serving as the key relationship between the United States brand and their international distributors, making sure the brand is consistently presented and received in each country by globalizing the domestic marketing strategy. Responsibilities include effectively launching new products into the international market, communicating and meeting timelines and deadlines, delivering marketing materials, ensuring that the supply chain teams are working in unison. Additionally, will be responsible for gathering monthly sales data from each country, prepare meaningful reports, and presenting the reports to senior management.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Establish leadership role of global digital strategy
- Develop the strategic vision of the brand worldwide, across all channels
- Provide strategic guidelines and recommendation to support key business objectives, product launches and set goals
- Establish global technology solution or partnership opportunities, setting global consistency
- Align with key markets to ensure local goals are being considered and supported
- Content development including video, imagery, copy tailored per digital channel for effective product launches internationally
- Establish global media strategy
- Set and track against global digital KPIs and digital goals
- Partner with the all Markets to provide support, guidance and best practices to drive their local digital strategies, brand presence & marketing plans
- Deliver and meet deadlines and product launch timelines
- Effectively work with supply chain teams to ensure best practices and deliverables
- Gather and understand sales data globally
- 7+ years of experience in a business development, marketing or related role
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA preferred
- Strong understanding and interest of the Digital and Communication industry (advertising, digital mkt, pr, media)
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs
- Knowledge of CSS/HTML a plus
- Detail oriented; ability to work on complex projects with multiple touch points and integrations
- Gifted and experienced project manager
- Communicates clearly and succinctly in both oral and written forms.
- Proactive and results oriented thinker who would flourish in an entrepreneurial environment where new ideas are championed.
- Manage a complex and sophisticated strategy from a high level
- Flexible hours to meet the needs of distribution partners on different time zones
- Ability to travel for business needs
Judgment and Decision Making
The incumbent must exercise discretion and independent judgment on all tasks and must be able to work independently and make decisions when needed. Must be able to work autonomously and feel comfortable taking on large responsibilities. It is important he/she will use discretion on when to involve management in the day to day matters. Moderate supervision or approval may be required for events and project work requiring analysis. For management and organization of the floor and meetings, no supervision is required.
Essential Physical Requirements
Ability to travel by air, train, bus; minor lifting under 10 lbs
This position does not directly manage a budget but should have capability to do so if required. Interacts with Finance as needed to resolve discrepancies or gain approvals. Will process purchase orders when necessary
- Challenges the status quo and strives for excellence in execution
- Innovates beyond the product
- Seizes what is just starting and opens new ventures
- Builds a shared vision and strategic frame
- Creates strategic scenarios for growth
- Leads transformation by aligning organization and human capabilities
- Demonstrates sound-judgement in decision-making
- Takes accountability with courage and transparency
- Builds and manages a consumer/customer centric organization
- Gives space for initiatives and enables teams to take risks
- Delivers with integrity both sustainable and short-term results
- Fosters a climate of trust and constructive confrontation
- Develops collective performance of the team
- Enhances transversal co-operation
- Actively networks for effective stakeholder management
- Treats all individuals in a respectful and consistent manner
- Leverages diversity
- Stimulates learning
- Empowers and develops individuals to contribute to their best
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.