Función del empleo: Supply Chain
Tipo de puesto: Indefinido
Tipo de empleo: Jornada Completa
Localización: McCalla, AL
POSITION: Site Director of Operations
LOCATION: McCalla, AL
REPORTS TO: AVP, Director of Distribution Centers
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Provides strategic and operational leadership for assigned physical distribution site; Responsibilities include oversight of order processing, transportation scheduling and shipping coordination to ensure production schedules are met and customer requirements and expectations are satisfied. Provides vision and leadership to ensure all operational guidelines, safety compliance and protocols are adhered to, productivity standards are maintained and continuous improvement and new ways of operating are part of the operating culture.
- Ensure all order processing production schedules are upheld and transportation schedules and shipping coordination meets/exceeds customer requirements and expectations.
- Develop long range production plan and reviews this plan with each operating unit to ensure complete production attainment and proper prioritization for short term scheduling.
- Evaluate existing operations to recommend and implement improvements affecting productivity, accuracy, quality and service level. Ensures all operating areas are configured for maximum productivity.
- Closely monitors and analyzes productivity of the work site and recommends strategies to improve operational efficiency. Develop and coach management team to improve and maintain a productive and efficient operation.
- Develop the annual operating budget and 3 year plan for the site’s operational needs and related safety programs. Regularly reports results to management.
- Ensures all inventory is maintained and accurately reported. Maintain or enhance inventory control systems that will improve material flow and track inventory accuracy.
- Communicate and support all operational initiatives and programs to foster a culture focused on safety and productivity.
- Works closely with all vendors and subcontractors to negotiate pricing and services at the local level and participates in national programs that help contain costs when necessary.
- Adapts all departmental procedures to system changes and brand/division additions without compromising safety, quality or productivity.
- Controls the flow of information to and from the sales department and brands concerning new product launches, promotions and flow business.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (To include relevant work experience, competencies and education requirements):
- BS/BA in Business, Supply Chain Management or related field; MBA preferred
- Minimum 8-10 years experience working in distribution, supply chain or warehousing environment
- Previous Supervisory/Management experience managing hourly, exempt and supervisory personnel required.
- Team oriented individual with strong leadership abilities and proven experience as a team leader to build and influence teams for optimal results.
- Requires solid analytical and problem solving skills as well as evaluative judgment to work through complicated or unique situations
- Project management experience required
- Strong systems orientation; experience working with automated picking systems (pick to light technology, carousel etc.) and warehouse management systems required.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to clearly and concisely relate financial implications of costing options
- Ability to effectively influence and work across functions for successful execution of key initiatives.
- Well developed communication skills (verbal and written), with strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Able to relocate for future opportunities.
- Some travel required to attend meetings or visit other sites as needed.
◄ Volver a lista de empleos