Función del empleo: Marketing
Tipo de puesto: Permanent
Tipo de empleo: Full - Time
Localización: Jersey City, NJ
País: United States
Job Description Form
Job Title: Director – Product Development, Make-up Category
Function: DMI Marketing
Division: It Cosmetics DMI
Supervisor Title: VP, DMI Product Development (Make-up & Skincare)
Location: Jersey City, NJ
The Director of Product Development will partner with the VP, Product Development to manage the product development and innovation for the It Cosmetics Make-up category, from concept to first delivery of production, while also leading specific projects. In partnership with their team, they will:
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT:
- Build and propose brand innovation strategy, preparing new product concepts, and brainstorming technology and ingredient stories
- Develop new products – positioning, concepts and claims, evaluate, test internally and select prototypes.
- Partner with legal team, claims and regulatory to make sure all facets of launches are on time and in live with PD view of product – negotiate claims when needed.
- Monitor, track and evaluate new products and reformulations’ lab samples.
- Assist in the development of product packaging, copy and launch materials, collaborating with Creative, Marketing, Development and PR. Brief Education Team on new products.
- Prepare formula information for marketing books for each new launch to be distributed internally and globally.
- Develop collaborative relationships with outside vendors to bring products to shelf.
- Conduct a performance of gap analysis in order to establish product differentiation that will lead to the product's ultimate success
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to meet all project timeline milestones – formula evaluation/approval, shade evaluation/ approval (travel on-site as needed), Marketing Book, AW release, and claims testing
- Work in partnership with R&D, Safety, Regulatory, Legal and Manufacturing partners
- Communicate with vendors on product briefs, shade direction, and assortments
- Must have strong understanding of chemistry, formulation, and ingredients. Able to Provide detailed written and verbal directions to chemist on texture, color and performance.
- Create global shade ranges that meet all local trend needs
- Ensure all consumer research objectives are clearly stated and met. Work with marketing & lab partners in the development of the questionnaire and sub sequent review / analysis of the data.
- Coordinate in-house product evaluation studies.
- Keep abreast of new/upcoming launches and their strategic importance to the market place worldwide
- Maintain relevant information of new competitive entries, ingredients and associated claims’ benefits – as well as new industrial/technical processing capabilities.
- Monitor and track new product trends and technology.
- Lead with empathy
- Inspire, coach and develop immediate team of two
- Build strong cross functional partnerships
- Strong skills in resolving daily internal and external problems and challenges in Product Development that affect a product's financial and market success
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years relevant experience in the Makeup industry, specifically in international markets
- Strong understanding of key beauty markets (US, EU, Asia), key competitors and key beauty categories a plus
- Knowledge of beauty trends
- Strong People Leadership Skills
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure and meet fluctuating deadlines
- Action Oriented: Proactive and resourceful – extremely agile and ability to seamlessly pivot directions based on business needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to Travel to our Labs in Clark, NJ
Judgment and Decision Making:
Impactful force in creative vision of the brand. Intermittent supervision of decisions and judgments by VP, DMI Product Development.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS INFORMATION AS FOLLOWS:
Salary Range: $139,700-$199,100 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
· Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
· Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
· Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
· Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
· Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
· Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
· Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs