Function: Sales Operations
Division: AVP, Sales Operations
Location: NY, Hudson Yards
Brands: Lancome & Urban Decay
The Director of Business planning serves as a primary conduit for the Luxe Budget/Trend planning & forecasting process for Retails & Gross to Net Sales for the Brands. The Budget/Trend Retail and Net Sales set by the incumbent in alignment with the General Manager and Head of Sales for each Brand is used to calculate profit and A&P spend for the Brand.
Business Expertise & Job Function Knowledge:
- The incumbent will need to work very closely with Marketing to understand the A&P (Advertising & Promotional) spend to understand business drivers and how each Brand is planning to grow for Budget/Trend (new distribution, new products, growth on core products, sets, promotional activity).
- The incumbent will need to work closely with Marketing & Supply Chain team have an understanding of Launch Activity and the size of the launch within each Brand as we need to ensure that the KAD (Key Account Director) planned the Retails & Nets Sales for the Budget/Trend.
- The incumbent will need to work closely with Finance and the Key Account Directors to understand our minorations spend which could impact our Gross to Net (promotional allowances, Markdowns, returns, and DIF) for the Budget/Trend process.
- The incumbent will need to work very closely with the Key Account Directors and the Head of Sales (HOS) to understand the promotional activity by account for the Budgeting/Trending process
Nature/Area of Impact:
- The incumbent is responsible for consolidating/aggregating all of the monthly projections from each of the KAD’s by account to build a bottoms up forecast which will then become the Budget/Trend for the entire Brand for Retail Sales and Net Sales.
- The incumbent will provide the Retail and Net Sales Budget/Trend by Account by month to MKTG, Finance, & Demand Planning. The incumbent will use these sales to work closely with Marketing (Retail Sales by product), Finance (Net Sales by Account), and Demand Planning (Nets Sales by Product) to align on the Retail Sales and Nets Sales on a monthly basis for the short, mid, & long term
- The Retails & Nets Sales are used to identify A&P spend for Marketing and profit for the Brand as part of the Budgeting/Trending process.
- The core competencies required for this role are courage (required to call out risk and opportunities to the GM of which the GM may or may not agree), conviction (belief in the data to be able to identify risk and opportunities), curiosity (required to understand the why to explain the variances, if any, to the last budget/trend that was locked in as a commitment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; effectively interact at both a senior management and individual contributor level. Must be able to influence the GM/HOS to also see the same risk and opportunities that you see utilizing data to emphasize your point of view. Also need to understand that there’s a balance; know when to agree to disagree with a GM/HOS.
- Extremely strong oral and written communication skills (ability to communicate complex information to many internal audiences with differing levels of knowledge all the way up to and including the GM/President of the Brand) on a monthly basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Minimum of six years of experience in a sales support role in Consumer Products or related field
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working in a data warehouse environment
- Understanding the P&L
- Strong computer skills, with emphasis in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Judgment and Decision Making:
- Strong ability to communicate (orally and in writing) complex information to many internal audiences with differing levels of knowledge all the way up to and including the General Manager/President.
- Analytical ability to influence decision making with facts and reasoning skills
- Ability to analyze data at granular levels
- Excellent communication / presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple business priorities concurrently
- Ability to effectively work cross functionally
- Prior experience working within an SAP environment a plus
- Prior experience working with planning/forecasting a plus
- Being proactive
- Strong work ethic
- Passion for the business
- Positive attitude
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.