Director – Customer Commercial Finance
Location: Lincoln, RI
The Director – Customer Commerical Finance will be the financial leader in the field accountable to delivery of pull P&L and top line results. This position is responsible for budget, trend, and actual reporting of profit and loss results for CPD Customer team as well as be the finance lead in front of important customers. The Director will be responsible for partnering with Customer sales teams on day to day financial decisions, including in store investments, promotional strategy, product profitability, and inventory analysis. Compliance to key controlling metrics and assuring customer rigor around these measures and full P&L management will also be key components to the job.
- Prepare, analyze, and submit Budgets and Trends / Forecasts in Financial Reporting System (IBM Cognos TM1)
- Perform financial analysis on Joint Business Plan discussions and customer-specific investment decisions
- Lead trade fuel allocation process in Trade Management system (CAS), in close collaboration with sales leadership and Divisional finance management
- Manage cost control and conduct monthly financial review meetings with departmental managers.
- Institute Post Event Analysis findings to improve overall trade promotion Return on Investment
- Inform senior management and finance team about financial conditions for customer(s)
- Deliver on-going risks and opportunities to consumption, net sales, and profit for customer(s)
- Supervise 1 direct report
- 7 – 10 years of experience in finance or accounting required including supervisory/ management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- MBA/CPA preferred.
- Intimate understanding of Gross to Net spend or customer investments
- Consumer products industry experience preferred. Sales or field based finance roles a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Financial reporting experience and Trade Promotion Management system experience
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, business acumen, leadership skills, oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Must have the ability to interact with all levels of management and customer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.