Job Title: Director - Creative, eComm (PPD US DMI)
Function: Creative (DMI)
Supervisor Title: VP, Creative
Location: Terminal Stores - 606 W 28th Street New York, NY 10001
Section 2: Job Summary
Responsible for designing and executing the creative vision established for the brand through various digital mediums. Under the direction of the VP- Creative and Channel lead, this role will assist, concept, and develop digital content for ecomm and social channel.
Section 3: Job Requirements
- College degree (BFA, BA, or AAS) in visual arts diploma required.
- 7+ years creative or related field experience, preferably with beauty industry.
- Proven experience in creative design for global brands required.
- Exceptional knowledge of all social media channels and content that performs best within each required. This includes understanding of metrics and performance measures.
- After effects/Photoshop gif animation skills required.
- Able to photograph independently and collaboratively in a studio with professional equipment.
- Proven experience in creating a consistent and comprehensive brand expression across multiple digital platforms required. Experience in print, retail and other mediums is a plus.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative suite (MAC-based)
- Exceptional craftsmanship/typography skills and attention to detail
- Planning and anticipating project needs
- Ability to make quick decisions, problem solve and multi-task
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to effectively manage relationships with diverse international internal and external contacts
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong execution, leadership and consensus building/decision making skills.
- Computer literacy on Windows, iOS, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to travel domestically periodically (max. 25%).
- Language skills a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of the creative process, including practical implementation, in order to effectively gauge workloads and deadline expectations.
- Ability to articulate clear business direction and strategies; to motivate and inspire creative team. Also, to liaise between different departments, participate in senior level management discussions and facilitate the creative process at all levels.
- Financial acumen to manage budgets for category specific creative executions (photoshoots, video production, etc.,)
- Knowledge of the fashion and beauty business preferred
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making
This position requires limited supervision. An ideal candidate will work autonomously to complete projects and assignments as well as work cross functionally to achieve short and long-term brand objectives.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements
Office based role with long periods of sitting and computer work. Minimal physical activities, lifting up to 25lbs. required occasionally. Travel required up to 25% as well.
Section 6: Financial Scope
- Annual Budget Responsibility: $ NA
- Annual Revenue Responsibility: $ NA
Section 7: Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
- In conjunction with the Category Lead and Creative Pod Leads, support PPD US DMI’s brand identity and translate it throughout the entire creative process
- Manage product photography and retouching
- Working with the Channel lead, design and execute while maintaining brand consistency on Digital Ecomm platforms and social media
- Manage outside vendors when necessary, including briefing, quality control, timing, and budgeting.
- Working with the Channel lead, assist agile content creation for PPD US DMI’s global social channels
- Working closely with the Packaging AD
- Responsible for the direction and execution of over-arching DMI
brand communication materials and assets (ie product guides, style
guide/brand book evolution, educational brochures, and non-category specific video content).
Section 8: Required Competencies:
- Puts the consumer as the central focus
- Challenges the status quo and strives for excellence
- Innovates beyond the product
- Seizes what is just starting and opens new ventures
- Builds a shared vision and strategic frame
- Creates strategic scenarios for growth
- Leads transformation by aligning organization and human capabilities
- Demonstrates sound-judgement in decision-making
- Takes accountability with courage and transparency
- Builds and manages a consumer/customer centric organization
- Gives space for initiatives and enables teams to take risks
- Delivers with integrity both sustainable and short term results
- Fosters a climate of trust and constructive confrontation
- Develops collective performance of the team
- Enhances transversal co-operation
- Actively networks for effective stakeholder management
5. People Developer
- Treats all individuals in a respectful and consistent manner
- Leverages diversity
- Stimulates learning
- Empowers and develops individuals to contribute to their best
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.