Job Title: Director – Customer Marketing, Walmart – L’Oréal Paris
Division: Consumer Products Division
Brand: L’Oréal Paris
Reports to: VP, Customer Team Leader, Walmart – L’Oréal Paris
The Director – Customer Marketing, Walmart – L’Oréal Paris role is accountable for building the L’Oreal Paris brand customer experience on Walmart.com and Walmart Stores, inclusive of media, in store activations, and ongoing content optimization to meet brand’s objectives.
The media strategy involves co-building category level Walmart annual media plans (search/display/OPD) to measure, optimize and track performance. This individual will lead and manage all agency relationships and external partnerships and track main KPIs which include traffic, conversion, sales, and ROAS/ROI. The position requires the individual to work closely with internal teams and media agency on co-building plans and optimizations to ensure alignment and cohesive communication.
The Customer Marketer is encouraged to “Think Big” and “Stay Curious” by proactively exploring and launching new platform opportunities, (e.g., Test and Learns, Basket Building Opportunities, Opportunities to drive Loyalty) and by brainstorming to develop 360-degree retailer programs. Collaboration and partnering with NAMs, marketing and all key stakeholders will be necessary to drive sales, traffic, and conversion, optimize media, and to bring national brand vision to life.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage all agency relationships and external partnerships.
- Walmart 360 Support, plan, develop and activate all Walmart marketing activations.
- Develop display strategy, manage display process with PEP, manage display budget, prepare quarterly display submissions (with CDM’s).
- Collaborate with Omni-Shoppers, align Walmart activation strategies with National marketing priorities, and work with Omni-Shoppers on aligning yearly M1 budget.
- Data Driven Responsibilities
- Search optimization
- Work with Marketing team to optimize content for search on Walmart.com to achieve high ranking and visibility
- Analyze keywords using tools to identify opportunities for both short and long tail search terms
- Optimize copy to ensure we are reaching the right consumers
- Conduct A/B testing on keywords, titles, and content
- Drive Sales via WMC, Traffic and Conversion
- Develop Walmart-specific programs that maximize engagement and sales
- Incorporate competitive learnings for effective account specific planning
- Work closely with commercial team to align Walmart marketing and media strategies with financial and assortment goals
- Work closely with the National Shopper Marketing / eShopper team(s) to bring to life our brand equity in coexistence with our retailers DNA via content, Walmart brand experiences, and merch programs.
- Overall Marketing Responsibilities
- Build best in class content
- Lead the customer/user experience for Walmart PDPs and brand pages
- Work closely with Marketing team to ensure content creation for new launches and pillars is refined for Walmart to maximize consumption, search, traffic and conversion (including copy, alt images A+ content, videos, reviews generation)
- In partnership with Shopper, collaborate with brand liaisons in the US and DMI teams to ensure alignment and that needs are met, including communicating content needs and sharing of best practices
- Develop content learning agenda and lead PDP/brand store hygiene initiatives
- Ongoing maintenance of PDPs including optimization of product titles, descriptions, images, videos, and A+ content
- Accountable for customer experience and conversion on Walmart brand content pages including product detail pages and brand store
- Grow the Shopper Base /Acquisition
- Use shopper insights to optimize strategies and activate key levers that will acquire new consumers to the brand on Walmart.com
- Understand in depth customer shopper behaviors
- Grow shopper base and loyalty to our brand and to the retailer
- Brainstorm and create strategic account marketing initiatives
- Ensure support and alignment between sales and marketing on national activations leading to Walmart
Qualifications / Experience:
- 3-5 years experience in eCommerce and/or Digital Media roles, Walmart.com-specific preferred
- Deep understanding of consumer packaged goods industry
- Strong understanding of digital marketing/media, promotional tactics and various marketing vehicles
- Track record of delivering business results by driving insights and strategically sound marketing programs
- Strong ability to build trusting relationships with cross functional partners and with client.
- Innovate in a collaborative manner.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.