Director, Digital Platforms & Services - L'Oréal Paris
Division: Consumer Products Division
Location: New York, NY
The Director of Digital Platforms and Services for the Consumer Products Division plays a critical role in helping the brand and business objectives and is responsible for the strategy, development, and execution of digital platform initiatives across it’s website, content magazine, CRM initiatives, and Data-Driven Marketing initiatives. Combining experience and thought leadership across digital platforms, UX, SEO, data driven marketing, analytics, content, and social engagement, this person will lead the development and implementation of integrated digital marketing initiatives that drive traffic, revenue, engagement, and lifetime customer value. This person will own the customer website experience, including managing the roadmap to align with key business priorities. Initiatives include website optimizations, launching new functionality, developing article/video content and a variety of special projects.
This role leads and develops a team of digital marketing executives and partners extensively with team members across brands and departments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a best-in-class customer experience on lorealparisusa.com. Oversee the customer experience including brand content, site architecture, CRM program, and DDM program.
- Develop long-term digital marketing strategy for the total brand, and communicate progress against this strategy regularly/quarterly
- Deliver against annual digital marketing KPIs and goals as per brand and category best practices
- Identify business needs and requirements for new and existing website features enhance customer experience, collaborating with Brand Marketing, Agencies, Customer Service, and Digital IT colleagues to ensure seamless User Experience.
- Oversee SEO projects specific to site speed, mobile usability and UX. Continue to grow share across all beauty categories.
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing team to ensure all new products, promotions or other initiatives are seamlessly executed from conception to implementation.
- Partner with Global Marketing Team to influence global platform roadmap and manage launch for US market. Learn from best practices and deploy locally.
- Partner with Consumer Activation & Brand Engagement – Media and Public Relations to provide platform and SEO recommendations, insight and support across key business initiatives, creation of new integrated programs, and optimization efficiencies.
- Negotiate and manage vendor relationships, driving cost savings without risking performance
- Work with data and analytics to improve platform performance and share insights across brand/globally
- Drive innovation through technology and experiences
- Manage budget and ensure resources are used in an optimal manner and within agreed expenditure budgets.
- Experience in team management, personal development, and proven leadership skills
- BA/BS degree required. MBA a plus.
- 12+ years’ experience with a focus on digital and customer experience, at least 5 years managing a team of direct reports and managing multiple vendors
- Background/interest in cosmetics/beauty/fashion fields preferred
- Strong leadership skills, ability to mentor and lead internal team and external agencies
- Hands on experience planning and managing a digital site experience to support new and existing traffic.
- Strategy management experience of content and video production
- Attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and creativity in problem-solving
- Passionate about digital; you are continuously a student of your industry, pursuing knowledge, best practices, competitive landscape and staying on top of trends.
- Highly organized with proven multi-tasking ability
- Strong analytical mind with process orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of the web development life-cycle
- Strong experience in web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Strong experience in A/B and Multivariate testing with a focus on experience optimization
- Proficient in project management tools – ie: JIRA, Confluence, Miro
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.