In the Active Cosmetics Division, we make a difference to the lives of millions of consumers by improving the health and beauty of their skin, through every stage of life. Our brands (CeraVe, SkinCeuticals, La Roche Posay, Vichy and Dermablend) lead the way in skin care innovation, offering safe and effective products and services that deliver their promises. We invest heavily in research and development, and co-create our products with health professionals, scientists and the 90,000 dermatologists we serve around the world. We also design connected beauty experiences, harnessing intelligent technologies to empower people to take control of their skin health.
Our mission is to make a positive impact on people's lives. We are driven by human values of trust, respect and authenticity. Our teams work in a dynamic, supportive environment and work on meaningful projects that are changing the future of medical beauty. If you want to lead in innovation, technology and research, and you care about collaborating with passionate colleagues, serving communities and acting for the planet, please join us!
Director, Digital Strategy & Content Distribution, CeraVe DMI
Location: Hudson Yards, NYC
As the #1 brand recommended by Dermatologists in the USA, CeraVe is a leader in mass medical skincare. At CeraVe we believe that everyone has a right to healthy skin and are on a mission to provide therapeutic and accessible skincare to every person in the world. With sales of ~900MM€ globally in 2020 (+89% vs YA), CeraVe is quickly expanding across all continents to become the leader in mass medical skincare and will become L’Oreal’s next billion dollar brand.
The CeraVe DMI (global team) is looking to fill a more senior role on the digital team – the Director of Digital Strategy & Content Distribution.
This is an important role for the CeraVe DMI and for CeraVe teams around the world—42 countries and growing. The role reports into the VP, Head of Digital for CeraVe DMI.
- Responsible for full digital strategy implementation
- Work with a team of seven (and growing!) + agencies on the following:
- Big campaign ideas
- Content and content distribution strategies (paid, earned, borrowed, owned)
- Social media
- Advocacy & influence
- Media planning
- E-commerce / e-retail
- CRM / loyalty
- Agency management and driving day-to-day operations on new agency selection if need be
- Big campaign ideas
- Working with more junior staff to create playbooks for countries to implement campaigns
- Content identification and ideation
- Be prepared to write and/or review creative briefs
- Content distribution strategies including digital media planning—end-to-end strategies & ensure on-time delivery of 360 campaigns
- Connecting offline to online in different environments – from dermatology congresses to retail
- Digital analysis and campaign reporting
- Oversee day-to-day management of strategic digital media initiatives, timelines, deliverables, etc.
- Coordinates and builds strong relationships with cross-functional teams – marketing, medical, and countries
- Counsels teams as a “digital expert” providing guidance on development of the digital marketing plan to support the brand and product launches in maximizing
- Collaborates content with Broadcast / Print / OOH and cross-functional teams in delivering integrated marketing programs across multiple channels, ensuring synergies and efficiencies between digital and broadcast / print media buys and content
- Manages the digital media agencies to plan and execute content that drives traffic to website and sales on e-retailers, Amazon, etc.
- Have a deep understanding and execute on campaigns from all aspects of the marketing funnel
- Creating strong digital strategies on new and innovative platforms like TikTok, Twitch – connecting these platforms to larger strategies
- Working with countries to implement campaigns, etc. including China
- Help ensure our #1 share-of-voice ranking on social media in many skincare relates categories
- Help ensure search continues to grow at a rapid pace on Google, Amazon
Job Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in communications, marketing or business
- 8– 10 years of experience in digital strategy—social media, advocacy, websites (e.g., search), e-commerce/e-retail/Amazon, community management, and content creation—full 360 campaigns based on digital— for a brand(s) (in-house and/or agency)
- Skincare experience and interest in fields related to health/healthcare, beauty and dermatology strongly preferred
- Advanced proficiency in campaign, content creation and 360 distribution strategies
- Self-starter able to adapt quickly to changes in priorities and multi-task multiple projects
- Able to prioritize and manage time effectively, and to balance competing demands and priorities in a very fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Professional and diplomatic style with a positive manner, attention to detail and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent written skills
- Ability to write in a medical tone of voice preferred
- KPI reporting/analysis experience required
- Ability to manage multiple vendors and work with business partners on innovations
- Strong understanding of what makes a great creative idea come to life
- History of executing big campaigns with strong results
- If you’ve won any awards (e.g., Cannes Lions, CLIOs, Effies, etc.), please share
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please mail [email protected] Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.