Job Title: Director of Quality and Assurance
Function: Information Systems (USA Digital IT)
Location: 10 Hudson Yards, NYC
L’Oreal Group has aggressively embraced the digital era, and has advanced many leading consumer-facing digital solutions across its business units. Quality and Assurance is a critical success component for our key investments and will ensure solution relevance, optimization and acceptance during our digital transformation.
The Director of Quality and Assurance will be responsible for implementing a framework for all testing and product excellence throughout Digital IT. We seek are seeking an expert to engage in our newly launched CRM 3.0 program as the lead for all QA activities. The new CRM 3.0 ecosystem will be the backbone from which L’Oreal USA can individualize our interactions with our consumers from the real-life department store or virtually on-line /on-mobile.
The QA Director will be a champion for quality throughout the software development process and will collaborate with our stakeholders to understand requirements, acceptance criteria, and performance considerations. The QA Director will lead the creation of test strategy, test plans, test cases and defect management in conjunction with our service delivery partners. The director will leverage and refine existing L’Oreal artefacts and tools in addition to recommending best practices to test new digital technology using an Agile method. The director must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and complex architecture. The primary focus will be to build and run a modern flexible solution suitable for all brands across USA and Canada. The director will continue to grow and maintain this framework as data and technology maturity increases in the company.
- Responsible for defining the Quality and Assurance framework including delivery, solution and quality assurance processes and tools.
- Review and define acceptance criteria for all project releases / sprints.
- Manage defect log and resolution action items.
- Define functional and regression test scenarios.
- Define security test plan and perform risk assessment.
- Coordinate integration and regression testing for all impacted systems on new implementations such as CRM 3.0
- Identify and track customer feedback as enhancements, issues or defects.
- Work with Integration teams to ensure consistency with L’Oreal Integration architecture framework and that all integrations are efficiently implemented.
- Contribute to the analysis of project estimation, requirements, design, and implementation.
- Define performance testing strategy for auto-scaling to achieve consistent response time to increasing volume and velocity of data.
- Oversight of managed service team partners in building the new consumer ecosystem.
- Strong test management skills – ideally in CRM / Big Data / Digital Technology
- Outstanding functional and technical communication skills and demonstrated business and IT collaboration
- Ability to Perform Automated Tests and Analyze Test Results
- Ability to manage all SDLC test artefacts including Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and Defect Logs
- Develop Standards and Procedures to Determine Product Quality and Release Readiness
- Discover and Manage Defects, Risks, Issues, and Enhancements
- Drive Innovation and Streamline Overall Testing Process
- Detail Oriented with Excellent Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Able to Lead Testing in an Agile Development Process
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other technical discipline
- Strong test engineering skills in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Minimum 7 years of Software QA/Agile leadership experience – testing multi-tier software product lines, preferably within Digital IT
- Minimum 10 years of experience working with leading test management tools including Zephyr for JIRA, HP ALM, qTest, PractiTest, or TestFLO
- Expert in automated testing using SOAPUI, Selenium, Telerik, Robotium, TestComplete, Watir, QTP, or other testing tools
- Ability to work tightly with application development, architecture, infrastructure and engineering groups working on short Sprint cycles
- Has worked with SQL, NoSQL, and/or Hadoop
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.