Information Technology, Americas Zone
Location: Hudson Yards, New York NY
(2 days work from home; three days in the office)
At L'Oréal, our ambition is to become the #1 Beauty Tech company, meaning inventing the beauty of the future while becoming the company of the future. L’Oréal is in search of a seasoned eRetail product owner, who is a data-driven decision-maker and is interested in driving change in the ever-growing ecommerce space. The existing product has advanced analytics capability that L’Oréal has built to support the eRetail and advertising business combining multiple data sources to measure all the inputs of the business. Driving insight to action and commercial excellence. Operating under an agile model, your role as a Director will be to leverage your deep Business Intelligence and Analytics expertise. To lead a cross-functional team of business stakeholders, business analysts, data scientists, and data engineers. With a key goal to own and define the capabilities roadmap for the eRetail product for multiple ecommerce channels.
The ideal candidate will has experience managing or leading enterprise analytics & strategy and knowledge of eCommerce/retail businesses. This role requires excellent cross-functional relationship management and the ability to understand and prioritize multiple business requirements and use cases. Defining requirements and leading the product team to build the solution. This is also a highly visible role to senior levels of the organization and will require strong presentation and communication skills. The candidate in this role must demonstrate creatively, foresight and mature judgement as they anticipate and solve complex business problems. The position is challenged to identify problems quickly and correctly which otherwise elude.
- Defining a vision for how Tech can support our ambition to win on eRetail channels in the US & globally
- Close partnership with key business partners and leading strategic roadmap development for tools and features supporting relevant use cases across all divisional brands
- Gathers and synthesizes business needs and aligns requirements to establish a common vision of the product across multiple stakeholders, business units, brands, and senior leadership.
- Collaborates with business stakeholders on product evolution, adoption of capabilities, and prioritization of releases
- Translate Product vision into list of Stories to compile backlog and set of features for Product Team delivery
- Owns and prioritizes the scope making real-time adjustments as necessary to identify quick win milestones and continuous improvement objectives
- Ability to partner with internal and external resources to drive and to measure user adoption of these best-in-class tools
- Owns the adoption and reporting to all stakeholders and senior leadership on the success of the product.
- Collaborate with IT and business resources to build and adapt features that will increase usability and measurable business impact
- Oversee product budget to execute primary roadmap vision.
- Provide thought leadership and new perspectives on how to leverage GCP cloud services and capabilities.
- 6+ years of progressive experience managing analytics & strategy management or retail product management for the same.
- Equivalent work experience or relevant certifications or a Bachelor’s degree in STEM (degree not required)
- Strong eCommerce CPG / Retail background and thorough understanding of how to answer business questions/challenges through data with clear sense of the value added.
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication/presentation skills; ability to influence stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a rigorous timeline.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated experience with running complex projects across a matrixed organization
- Budget management, project management and vendor management
- Familiarity with Data Analytics products such as Power BI, tableau and Looker
- Familiarity with Agile products such, JIRA and confluence
- Familiarity with building UI/UX capabilities
- Familiarity with GCP and its products.
- Experience in the Beauty/Cosmetics industry
You are missing some hard skills? It's ok.
You will be mentored by seniors to grow your practice and autonomy.
This job will rapidly move to Lead responsibilities.
L'Oréal is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR