This position is for a newly created role within the CPD MSL team. The individual will be responsible for the overall coordination of improvement projects working in conjunction with the Plant MSC teams as well as Purchasing in order to drive breakthrough improvements for the NA CPD Supply Chain. The individual will also be responsible for the coordination of activities with top component and/or raw material suppliers in order to ensure proactive visibility and risk mitigation on the key component capacities and saturations. The individual must have manufacturing and supply chain expertise and will need to influence leadership across the organization to optimize key supplier performances in order to drive improvements in overall supply chain agility for the NA CPD Supply Chain.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant business experience within Manufacturing and/or Supply Chain.
Judgment and Decision Making
Must be able to:
- Possess well-developed communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills to be able to build strong work relationships with all levels of the organization
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and work independently
- Have the ability to synthesize information and create a clear synopsis of key issues
- Ensure attention to detail
- Possess strong PC skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Develop appreciation of global markets and cultural diversity
Essential Physical Requirements
Must be able to work in Berkeley Heights, NJ and occasionally travel to New York as well as other L’Oreal offices.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- MSC animation with plants on CPD Supply Chain performance and improvements. Coordinate the global reporting and ensure consistency of actions between all CPD plants.
- Coordinate relationship and improvement with key CPD component and raw material Suppliers. Evaluate global performance of suppliers based on scorecard reviews in conjunction with Plants and Purchasing. Meet quarterly with top component vendors to drive action plans
- Supplier Capacity management. Develop and rollout process to monitor ongoing saturation and capacity utilization of key component molds and equipment capacity. Coordinate meeting between Plants and Purchasing to review saturation risks and drive appropriate action plans to mitigate risk. Review and monitor if necessary some tier 2 suppliers.
- Global allocation coordinator with other zones if necessary during times of shortages on shared supplier capacities.
- Coordination of plant Blocked Horizon and Agility improvement projects. Collaborate with MSC team and Purchasing to define Supplier roadmap and action plans to reduce FG blocked horizon and improve overall CPD Supply Chain Agility.
- E&O management – coordinate review and alignment of MOQ parameters in conjunction with Supply Chain and Purchasing.
- Interacts effectively- Demonstrates engagement and availability
- Leads with human sensitivity- Shares know-how, expertise, knowledge, procedures
- Demonstrates entrepreneurship- Takes ownership of his/her mission and contribution
- Displays sensitivity to our “métier”- Drives his/her contribution to achieve customer satisfaction
Manages Complexity-Meets deadlines without giving up on quality
Achieves results with integrity- prides themselves on producing ethically sound work
Innovates- Takes into account next steps in his/her work
Please Note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.