POSITION TITLE: Director
DEPARTMENT: Technical Design Center
To lead the Technical Design Center for North America, in close coordination with the Worldwide team. To develop and deploy the technical upskilling and leadership for Packaging North America.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- To lead the Technical Design Center for North America
- To develop the Technical Upskilling plan for the Packaging team, and to implement with the individual team members and leadership
- To develop and lead a team of 2-3 direct reports
- To support North America with technical drawings
- To support North America with 3D printed models
- To support project timelines by managing workload effectively
- To establish a good line of communication with cross functions to ensure “right the first time”
- To be a key partner with cross functions by developing/bringing new opportunities to the Packaging community
- Keeping up to date with 3D printing technologies – including the management and oversight of our investment strategy, equipment maintenance, and budget
- To design componentry for manufacturability
- To design for cost optimization
- To collaborate worldwide to ensure a consistent flow of expertise / conception guides / best practice
- To collaborate worldwide on a project basis, determining what Zone will lead and ensure efficiency of the technical design
- To develop knowledge in plastic transformation technologies
- To improve the quality of L’Oreal packaging and products
- To track and animate Technical Design Center KPI’s
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 5-10 years working experience in technical packaging design
- French, Portuguese, and/or Spanish Language skills are a plus
- Strong PC skills; MS Office, PowerPoint and Solidworks software
- Good communication skills, to be able to deal effectively with all levels of the organization and our suppliers
- Good organizational skills to manage the documentation, materials and information
- Desired skills and expertise:
- Understand mold functionalities, molding processes, finishing techniques, etc.
- Understand plant and contract manufacturing capabilities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.