Director Performance Improvement
The Director of Process Improvement and Operational Excellence develops, plans, organizes and supports the execution of all activities for Process Improvement, Operational Excellence and TPM implementation within the Open Manufacturing Supply Chain. In line with L’Oreal’s integrated Operational Excellence strategy, this position is expected to provide leadership, coaching, and expertise needed to deliver the zero loss and 100% employee engagement environment. This position requires an experienced and innovative Process Improvement deployment leader with the capabilities of influencing our complex and matrix organization into defining, refining and executing a comprehensive PI/TPM master plan in support of our sustainable Manufacturing and Supply Chain organizations.
This position will be responsible for the implementation and support of PI/TPM with the various Contract Manufacturers involved with our Open Manufacturing team. Manufacturers are primarily within the USA.
Responsibilities include coaching at various senior levels to develop capability within the Manufacturing and Supply Chain TPM Pillars. This role requires exceptional capabilities in all aspects of the Process Improvement spectrum (i.e., Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, PDCA/SDCA, SMED Kaizen, DMAIC, Gemba walks, TPM, IWS, 5S, Visual Display Boards, continuous improvement of operations performance.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Engineering
- Advanced Degree (MS / ME or MBA) preferred
- In depth expertise in PI/TPM implementation with a minimum of 10 years of experience in Lean, PI/TPM including development, deployment, assessment and sustainability metrics. Proven capability as a Coach. Operational experience in successfully rolling out TPM in a complex organization is a must
- Hands on experience as a Distribution Center or Plant Manager highly desired
- Lean 6 Sigma experience and understanding. Certified Black Belt or Master Black Belt highly desired
- Ability to travel extensively – 40% - 50%
- Leadership skills to deliver PI/TPM across the L’Oreal Operations Americas zone as well as develop regional CPD mastery of PI/TPM
- Strong ability to lead and drive cultural change, relationship management
- Analytical skills as well as learning agility, business acumen and process management experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English. Knowledge of Spanish and French a plus
- Interpersonal and business savvy
- Influencing skills to reflect seniority of position and interact at all levels of the organization and is comfortable influencing others without authority.
- Excellent people management skills with experience working in a matrix organization.
- Understanding of Process Linkages across the entire supply chain
- Strong working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma to include experience with application of Value Stream Mapping, DMAIC and Lean concepts
- Strong influencing skill, ability to direct the program without formal authority
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.