Title: Director of Programmatic Media, Division Lead
Division: Corporate Digital & Marketing Office (CDMO)
Location: New York, NY
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
The Corporate Digital and Marketing Office mission is to put the consumer at the heart of L’Oréal’s business and drive digital innovation. As a force for L’Oréal’s innovation, CDMO delivers the best consumer experiences, drives new marketing models, and spearhead new digital capabilities to futureproof the group’s business.
The Director of Programmatic Media, Division Lead will deliver best-in-class, data-driven results for L’Oreal while showcasing collaboration, a sense of empathetic leadership, and accountability. In this role you will lead a team of in-house planners, traders and hybrid staff (external agency and internal team) responsible for campaign management, planning, reporting and optimization across several brands. You will also lead key portfolio-wide initiatives in delivering longer-term, future-forward innovation for programmatic media in-house within L’Oreal. As Director, Programmatic Media, you will help create, innovate, and guide the programmatic process. This role reports to the Head of Programmatic Media.
What You Will Do:
- Effective and empathetic management and support of your team by facilitating psychological safety and collaboration
- Consistent feedback, effective performance reviews and career pathing for your team
- Oversight of recommendations, console setup, delivery management (pacing, budget, spend), analysis and reporting for programmatic campaigns
- Multi-task, prioritize, and balance time across brand stakeholders, multiple partner relationships and internal initiatives while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Ensure all programmatic campaigns are executed with consistency and excellence as defined by local and global L’Oreal standards
- Maintain a deep understanding of innovation capabilities, the L’Oreal business & existing and emerging buying platforms (TTD, DV360, Amazon DSP)
- Be seen as resource in terms of gathering and distributing research around the programmatic industry
- Work closely with the senior brand team and divisional media leads to contribute to the success of cross-channel programmatic client campaigns
- Successfully work with inter-agency omnichannel planning leads to drive efficient ways of working and best-in-class media plans
- As a member of programmatic leadership team, support lead initiatives and work to support the programmatic excellence (planning, trading and operations) and strategic workstream leads (streaming, SSP, audience targeting, sales studies, etc.) with key initiatives and scaling/socializing best practices
- Effectively partner & liaise between key internal (Data Activation DDX, Search, Social, Retail Media, Digital IT, Advanced Analytics research/analytics, Media Operations) teams and external partners (agency, DSP, SSP, ad tech)
- Help in designing and delivering performance updates, optimizations, business reviews, new audience-based programmatic solutions and growth opportunity presentations
- Presenting and submitting case studies of the work our team does to internal teams and cross-functionally in internal, department-wide and inter-agency meetings.
What We Are Looking For:
- 7-10 years of experience digital media experience across display, video, social and mobile; a minimum of 2+ years in-console audience-based RTB media
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong understanding of the programmatic ecosystem (e.g. exchanges, DSPs, data offerings, auction types, marketplace dynamics, etc.) and ability to demonstrate that knowledge
- Deep understanding of DMP segment builds for data overlay within media activation
- Knowledge of online media metrics and data analysis experience
- Proven ability to distill complex data into meaningful and actionable insights
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with data analysis in Excel, including pivot tables and advanced functions
- Solution-orientation with strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Outstanding relationship and business builder
- Proven experience navigating ambiguity, changes or challenges
- Collaborative team-player yet comfortable with independence
- Experience directly managing at least 1-2 team members is highly recommended
What’s In It For You:
- Salary range: $140,100 - $203,200 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.