Luxe US Supply Chain
Director – Retail Supply Chain
The Director of Retail Supply Chain- L’Oréal Luxe US, will have responsibility for customer collaboration for strategic customers reporting into the Head of Retail Chain - L’Oréal Luxe, will interface with senior roles within the customer organization, commercial organization, Supply Chain and Finance,.
The role will be based in our NY office. Willing to consider other locations in Proximity to Luxe customer markets (IL, NJ)
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Represent Supply Chain on the management committee of Sales leadership within L’Oreal Luxe US.
- Dual reporting lines to Supply Chain and Sales/Commercial.
- Own stock in trade, on shelf availability and service metrics for key retailers in order to provide recommendations regarding business tactics and vendor/retailer performance.
- Act as a liaison between the Sales and Operations, Retail Supply Chain and upstream Operations, L’Oréal Luxe Supply Chain and Retailer supply chain.
- Determine and implement priority of logistical initiatives with Retailers. Quantify business benefits and help drive efficiencies.
- Develop customized strategies providing high customer service levels and reduced cost and long-term business value.
- Responsible for the efficient flow of product from supplier to customers, ensuring clear communication of gaps / misses and planning remediation and recurrence prevention.
- Participate and/or lead Logistics meetings with assigned accounts in person or via conference call.
- Facilitate monthly KPI cross-functional team meetings with DC, Customer Service; Transportation and Deduction Resolution.
- Publish reports to insure initiatives and executions are progressing as planned.
- Evaluate and implement new initiatives requested by key account(s).
- Involved in special projects in order to provide cost analysis and recommendations for continuous improvements (i.e., returns, replenishment, launches).
- Presents divisional initiatives to customer and ensures timely execution of projects.
- Performs employee evaluations and fosters employee development.
- Develop and maintain strong business partnership with Sales, Demand Planning, Category management and the retailer.
- Normal expected travel is 15%- (Retailer field offices, actual retailer locations, L’Oréal and customer distribution facilities). Currently, this expectation is on hold to be remote work flexibility.
- The strategic objective of the role will be to optimize the flow of qualitative and quantitative information between L’Oréal Luxe and its retailers to improve planning and forecasting processes and making recommendations to the customer with regard to its supply chain processes for L’Oréal Luxe (strategic collaboration, long term plan alignments, JBP support, sell-in/sell-out analytics, stock in trade insights and recommendations, service, on shelf availability and general end-to-end Supply Chain collaboration)
- Tactically, this position will drive improved on time and fill rate performance, optimized inventory positions, help business short-term decisions and drive excellent on-shelf availability.
- The individual will support the development and execution of a vision for Supply Chain collaboration with critical retailers.
- S/he will ensure added value to the S&OP process, helping drive bottom up customer forecast provision via Sales leadership into the National Demand Plan, in collaboration with the US Planning team, into the Exec S&OP process.
- This role has the responsibility to communicate effectively both internally and externally regarding issues and initiatives, building a collaborative environment where information is shared efficiently and effectively.
- The role will oversee a three-pronged coordination:
- End-to-End L’Oréal Operations to Luxe Retailer Supply Chain
- L’Oréal Luxe Retail Supply Chain to L’Oréal Luxe Commercial teams.
- L’Oréal Luxe Supply Chain to the Retailers’ Supply Chain
- In addition to pursuing technical innovation to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the information flows, s/he will also be responsible for attracting, developing and upgrading talent to build a best in class supply chain function facing the Retailer.
- In summary, s/he will serve as owner of the supply chain function at the interface of the retailer and L’Oréal Luxe
- BS degree in Supply Chain, Business or related field
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in Supply Chain with at least 3 years of customer facing experience
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate with internal and external senior management and influencing skills at senior management level
- Customer facing supply chain experience is necessary.
- Excellent analytical/data analysis skills; proven ability to structure and conduct advanced supply chain analyses with particular emphasis on customer collaboration.
- Ideally, this executive will have experience in broader supply chain functions and be well-versed in driving change through collaboration of these functions with the commercial organization.
- Demonstrated experience engaging and leading teams while actively developing a pipeline of talent is critical.
- Strategic Planning/implementation/analytical and problem solving skills
- Influencing skills at senior management level
- Proficient knowledge of demand planning and supply planning systems/tools
- Proven capacity of bringing new ideas and mobilize teams to improve their practices
- Able to manage indirect and functional relationships
- Outstanding data management skills. Expert level in Microsoft Office suite applications and experience with
- SAP or other recognized ERP systems.
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.