NYX Professional Makeup is seeking a Social Media Director to join our team in El Segundo, CA.
NYX Professional Makeup is looking to hire a Director – Social Media. The Director – Social Media will be responsible for working closely with the international social team to develop and execute on strategies. This person will be responsible for creating and growing our integrated marketing and social media outreach to engage consumers while enhancing NYX’s existing and new relationships with key beauty influencers such as bloggers/vloggers, beauty editors, etc. within the US.
The ideal candidate will possess an expertise in social media, influencer marketing and content creation. We are looking for an energetic, dynamic, innovative, creative and personable individual who is highly involved and very passionate about the beauty and fashion world.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for the following social media channels (YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.), developing the overall social media strategy and community management.
- Work closely with the international Social Media team on co-developing Instragram channel
- Strengthen all social media outlets by developing engaging content that is unique, differentiated and enhances overall brand equity.
- Create and lead media and public relations programs and relationships to propel the brand strategy and communicate / cultivate its positioning
- Manage and cultivate key relationships for the brand including makeup artists, key media, and influencers to grow earned media value, as well as day-to-day relationships with agencies to oversee execution of tactical plans
- Organize social media events that embrace the realms of key influencers to develop more personal and effective relationships, and create engagement around product initiatives.
- Develop key indicators against which social media efforts will be measured, and create corresponding analytics framework to monitor performance and ROI.
- Manage strategic partnership activations, including implementation, activation and press coverage
- Oversee development of all press materials including press releases, design of press kits and editor gifts
- Partner cross functionally to develop compelling integrated marketing campaigns led by social and digital media.
- Garner and secure key talent for all brand marketing and advertising campaigns for global and domestic use (e.g., FSS stores).
- Work cross-functionally to lead brand owned FACE Awards program and beyond.
- Enhance experience of brand events by collaborating with events team.
- Collaborate with Global Marketing to provide social media and influencer guidelines to all international markets and contribute to driving global earned media value.
- Create impactful and engaging campaigns in conjunction with Product Development utilizing our social and digital verticals.
- Demonstrates respect, develops others, and enriches team dynamics.
- Strong people management skills to include the ability to mentor staff and provide direction and objectives, performance coaching and skill building
- Listens and communicates effectively with team and cross-functionally
- Ability to inspire and influence across the L'Oréal group
- Reasons from multiple perspectives and makes appropriate decisions.
- Conveys energy, focuses on results and acts with integrity.
- Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions, and promotes team creativity.
- Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves business performance and develops a vision.
- Focuses on quality, builds knowledge of the beauty and retail business, and understands beauty/skincare landscape and its competencies.
- Minimum of 7+ years of marketing experience with 5+ years specialized in digital/social media
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing and or/Public Relations
- Highly knowledgeable and passionate about the beauty world and beauty trends
ABOUT NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP
NYX Professional Makeup, named after the Greek goddess “Nyx” who ruled the night and symbolized beauty and power, is known for high-quality, professional makeup at accessible prices. A leader in the massive color cosmetics industry, NYX Professional Makeup is defined by exceptional quality products with rich pigments and high payoff. Featuring a range of professional, seasonal, and on-trend cosmetics, NYX Professional Makeup is a must-have among beauty lovers and professional makeup artists. The brand began with artistic inspiration, a single product and a vision. While headquartered in the heart of Los Angeles, NYX Professional Makeup is a global brand available in over 70 countries at thousands of retailers consisting of specialty beauty and fashion stores, freestanding shops, and beauty supply stores as well as on www.nyxcosmetics.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.