Job Title: Director, Transportation Operations
Department: Corporate Supply Chain
Location: Cranbury, NJ
Supporting Transportation Operations, serve as the primary execution leader controlling the flow of product to end user customers, inbound to our manufacturing sites and distribution centers. Responsible for developing carrier and service provider strategies, standardizing process and procedures for logistics operations ensuring on-time customer delivery and accuracy in reporting. Manages team of transportation operators and managers with direct responsibility for shipment optimization, carrier performance, activity-based reporting and day to day transportation operations. Accountable for financial and service performance. Reporting to the vice president of transportation.
- Direct a team of operations specialists, supervisors, sr. supervisors and managers
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to a service focused organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the operation group
- Own service delivery to manufacturing, distribution and vendor sites through the regional operations team
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes
- Lead the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives of our organization
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the delivery team
- Develops and installs procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow within the organization
- The continuous identification implementation of operational best practice through interaction with the wider team
- Establish and monitor quality standards for the optimize, plan and route customer orders and inbound vendor purchase orders to ensure efficient and timely product flow
- Monitor transportation systems and reports for discrepancies and incomplete activity in support of Operations team and direct carrier partners in required remedies
- Proactively updates internal customers on delayed shipments or vendor issues
- Lead and participate on cross functional projects supporting improvements to the overall performance of the company
- Collaborate with other managers and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives in support of overall performance of the company
- Direct procurement processes, including equipment research and testing, vendor contracts, and requisitions approval
Operational and Financial Administration
- Responsible for the management of $214M+ in freight spend
- Create, own and deliver through the team, transportation operations continuous improvement projects
- Analyze expenditures and other financial information in order to develop plans, policies, and budgets for improving cost and service performance
- Prepare management recommendations, such as proposed fee and tariff increases or schedule changes
- Accountable for relevant transportation input into SOPs and ensuring they are kept up to date.
- Conduct audits validating compliance to L’Oréal processes.
Analytics and Reporting
- Leverage transportation data and analytics to drive performance and cost improvement
- Analyze carrier and vendor performance reporting to identify service issues and determine appropriate actions to address deficiencies
- Report on daily / weekly / monthly key performance indicators.
- Ensure all data provided by vendors and transportation providers is timely and accurate.
- Provides ad-hoc reporting and analysis which will drive improvement to KPI’s.
- Demonstrated competency with transportation management systems (TMS) and related processes.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external partners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel
- Proven knowledge of transportation, distribution and broader supply chain concepts.
- Understanding of transportation and supply chain management (mastery level)
- Familiarity with freight rates, carrier-cost structures and how routing methods affect cost (mastery level)
- Solid business acumen with P&L or budget responsibility
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be a team player and customer service driven
- Exhibits initiative and willingness to learn, adapt, create and teach new processes or work content.
Work Experience &/or Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferrably in Business, Operations Management or Supply Chain/Logistics
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated strong operational experience.
- 5 years of demonstrated management or supervisor experience required.
- Prior experience in a customer service environment and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience in data-driven culture, retail / CPG transportation or with a carrier preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.