Title: Director of Transportation
This role will assist in the development and implementation of strategy as related to carrier administration, freight payment and analytics functions for Transportation. The role is expected to drive value by using data to determine operational efficiencies that will improve service to customer while generating cost savings ideas. The Director will interface with manufacturing and supply chain leads, carriers and vendors. This role will play an important role in creating a new corporate Supply Chain Team as part of L’Oréal’s Supply Chain Transformation Program. The position will be based in Clark, NJ and will require 20% domestic travel.
The Director will use the strategy of continuous improvement and innovation to manage functions of carrier administration, freight audit and payment, reporting, budgeting, analytics and TMS administration for all transportation activities within L’Oreal USA. This role is expected to collaborate with Indirect Procurement to lead bid cycles and develop a carrier strategy.
- Lead a department of 2 direct and 5 indirect reports that will manage carriers, freight audit and payment, KPI reporting, budgeting, analytics, procurement and TMS administration
- Responsible for managing carriers, freight payment vendor, TMS vendor
- Overall accountability for developing and distributing KPIs using new technologies such as Tableau, SpotFire, SAP BI
- Develop a carrier strategy in collaboration with Indirect Procurement. Lead carrier negotiations
- Create a culture of continuous improvement by collaborating with stake-holders and leading modeling/simulation activities in TMS routinely to find best cost and service solution
- Conduct routine carrier meetings to discuss carrier scorecard and ensure continuous focus on quality. Hold carriers accountable for on-time service including published transit times
- Develop super-users within teams for using various systems supporting transportation
- Collaborate with IT to identify how new and innovative technologies can make L’Oreal transportation an industry leader.
- At least 10 years of experience in Transportation
- At least 5 years experience managing direct and indirect employees
- Bachelors degree in relevant field
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to manage cross-functionally and across divisions
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Superior analytical skills and ability to manage big data and drive innovation through analytics
- Familiar with Data Visualization Tools, Control Tower Concept, Bidding Tools
- Knowledge and experience with all modes of transport and carriers
- Knowledge of market conditions and track record of participating in industry events/meetings
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.