Función del empleo: Marketing
Tipo de puesto: Permanent
Tipo de empleo: Full - Time
País: United States
Urban Decay is seeking a Director of Global Business Development to join our team in Newport Beach, CA.
Key advocate and communicator to Greater Europe zones (possibility of overseeing Latin America zone tbc).
Responsible for communication of global strategy and working with the zone/country to properly execute with any local modifications to maximize local market sales while still respecting global guidelines and landscape. Drive the development of transversal initiatives (marketing, merchandising, social media) based of key market opportunities, managing through coordination of internal teams, zones and markets.
· Responsible for liaising with Zone Directors and Brand Managers in key countries to optimize all aspects of the business including new product launch and planning, retail & promotional strategies, pricing, logistics, etc.
· Key contact for zones and countries. Manage weekly calls with zones to understand business challenges and opportunities, connect on launch strategy, and identify areas of opportunities. As the advocate for the countries, involve various support groups when necessary to solve any marketing, logistics, educational issues or present new opportunities.
· Responsible for communication of local market initiatives to DMI support groups, briefing them on activities to get alignment before countries initiative job tickets or any local activations.
· Key contact with countries in development of country specific animations that touches across all aspects of the business. Responsible for working with support teams, as almost a project manager, to ensure all country needs are met from a business point of view.
· Identifies gaps and opportunities across all aspects of the business and work with cross-functional teams to implement changes and new initiatives to drive maximum sales. (Example demonstrating the importance of a global shopper and need for more translations at POS).
· Work with merchandising on all international planograms and assortments, ensuring product in-line with strategy and maximizing key launches.
· Work with AVP on development of brand strategy and approval of brand strategy by senior management through execution of various brand presentations (IMM, Plenieres, Congress)
· Oversee GBD Coordinator on development of overall launch timeline and retail animation calendar.
Successful employee should be adaptable in using their organizational skills to prioritize tasks and opportunistic in taking ownership of various projects. Have the urgency to anticipate busy schedules and teamwork to communicate with other members of the department/store to complete assignments on time and accurately. Possess openness in their problem solving and integrity in their research to effectively address the needs of the company. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable business partnerships accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
· 6 years of marketing and/or business development experience
· Proven knowledge of global cultural nuances as it relates to doing business in the international marketplace
· Knowledge of the competitive landscape.
· Demonstrated ability to build strong collaborative
· Entrepreneurial spirit
· Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent organizational and project management skills
· Fluency in English required; additional language fluency a plus
· Ability to travel up to 10% based on business needs
Education/Experience/ Licenses or Certificates:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Marketing or related field of study, MBA a plus.
About Urban Decay Cosmetics
Our story opens in the mid-‘90s, when pink, red and beige enslaved the prestige beauty market. Flying in the face of this monopoly, Urban Decay unleashed a line of lipsticks and nail enamels inspired by seedier facets of the urban landscape. The vibe since day one? Beauty with an edge™.
While we’ve grown like crazy since then, we haven’t stopped experimenting. We now offer an endless array of high-performance cosmetics, from velvety-soft shadows (including some of the industry’s bestselling palettes) and creamy, badass lipsticks to weightless complexion products and high-tech setting sprays to make your makeup last all day.
Urban Decay is the leading, trend-setting cosmetics company that extends employment opportunities to those individuals who are just as passionate about working in the industry as we are. Our company's success and growth allows us to search for highly talented and extremely dedicated individuals who are eager to join our team.
We are part of the L'Oréal group. Find out more about our parent company online at: http://www.loreal.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.