Urban Decay Cosmetics is seeking a Director, Global e-Commerce to join our team in Newport Beach, CA
The Director, Global e-Commerce is responsible for the development of the online channel for Urban Decay. Provide strategy on e-business operations in coordination with the internal teams, zones and markets.
- Own the master e-commerce Demandware platform by leading the development of new features/tools in conjunction with the US lead market and main lead countries.
- Develop the Global E-commerce Strategy for the brand and provide guidelines to all markets on SEM, SEO, Email and Mobile according to the country tiers (emerging market vs. mature market).
- Seek for the opportunity and develop new tool to enrich the digital experience in retail service.
- Creation of a strategic content marketing plan and assets for business driving initiatives in conjunction with the US lead market and main markets
- Ensure the brand standards and values are consistently upheld in all markets in accordance with domestic Urban Decay standards.
- Develop, coordinate and enforce approval process for content and image assets as well as promotional strategies and calendar updates.
- Be the lead person for the development of Urban Decay apps.
- Provide eCommerce P&L standards and annual budget guidelines for international teams in support of Ecommerce growth and operations.
- Review budgets for accuracy, offer suggestions and direction if appropriate.
- Provide guidance to local markets on E-commerce growth and optimization opportunities, based on site analytics, customer insights and strategic brand goals.
Successful employee should be adaptable in using their organizational skills to prioritize tasks and opportunistic in taking ownership of various projects. Have the urgency to anticipate busy schedules and teamwork to communicate with other members of the department/store to complete assignments on time and accurately. Possess openness in their problem solving and integrity in their research to effectively address the needs of the company. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The Director, Global E-Commerce candidate must be able to demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this position through the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Entrepreneurial spirit, attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and creativity in problem-solving.
- Strong knowledge of current e-Commerce trends, strategies, and techniques.
- Familiar with executive level reporting and communication. Able to clearly communicate eCommerce concepts to an audience with a wide variation in eCommerce experience.
- Ability to partner with internal and external groups to execute campaigns and produce results in all areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CRM ' segmentation, offer management, campaign management, data mining, database marketing, direct marketing, email marketing, and interactive marketing.
- Experience managing digital budgets and understanding of financial norms.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OR REQUIREMENTS
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Education/Experience/ Licenses or Certificates
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Beauty industry experience preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of progressive experience managing a high volume business-to-consumer eCommerce site.
- Experience working with global markets.
- Microsoft Office
- Demandware Platform is a plus.
About Urban Decay Cosmetics
Our story opens in the mid-‘90s, when pink, red and beige enslaved the prestige beauty market. Flying in the face of this monopoly, Urban Decay unleashed a line of lipsticks and nail enamels inspired by seedier facets of the urban landscape. The vibe since day one? Beauty with an edge™.
While we’ve grown like crazy since then, we haven’t stopped experimenting. We now offer an endless array of high-performance cosmetics, from velvety-soft shadows (including some of the industry’s bestselling palettes) and creamy, badass lipsticks to weightless complexion products and high-tech setting sprays to make your makeup last all day.
Urban Decay is the leading, trend-setting cosmetics company that extends employment opportunities to those individuals who are just as passionate about working in the industry as we are. Our company's success and growth allows us to search for highly talented and extremely dedicated individuals who are eager to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.