Education Experience Manager
Job Title: Education Experience Manager- Street
Supervisor Title: Director of Education
Location: Field Education/Remote
The Education Experience Manager (EEM) has the responsibility to effectively manage the planning and coordination of all brand events, experiences, activities and execution of salon education plans in a defined geographical territory. The EEM role ensures that the level of support is consistently delivered and aligned with PPD/Brand standards.
The EEM needs to build strong relationships with the education teams within the field, distributor partners and the corporate office through the collaboration and implementation of education and business programs, in-salon education to support increase in market share and new partner activities.
The EEM will work closely with the DOE, RE and DSD’S to plan and implement new partner programs in their designated territory. The EEM is also responsible for managing the logistics and successful execution of education and ticketed events in their territory. In order to achieve this, the EEM must exhibit excellent communication and organizational skills, negotiation skills, a diligent work ethic, flexibility, creative thinking and the ability to work independently and within a team atmosphere.
The Education Experience Manger will report to the DOE while working closely with the VP of Sales, all Field Positions and the Distributor Education Manager
- High School graduate. College graduates a plus.
- At least 3 – 5 years of event planning, education and/or professional beauty industry experience. Management/supervisory experience is a plus
- Superior communication skills
- Vendor negotiation experience
- Ability to manage a high volume of activity, with adaptability to changing demands
- Knowledge of business and educational aspects of Salon Centric / distributor organization
- An understanding of Salon Centric / Distributor educational planning as it relates to class policies, use of field, contract trainers and event P & L
- Ability to plan, develop, and adhere to budgets, for all field training activity and T&E
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint (required) and SalesForce.com and/or SAP (preferred)
- Ability to travel moderately (minimum 20%)
- Ability to be flexible and accept change and be a team player
Key Understandings and Commitments:
- Understand and embrace the L’Oreal/PPD Culture and Philosophy.
- Full comprehension of brand Education philosophy and training methodology.
- Full comprehension of Brand’s Artistic Network skills/book-ability.
- Responsible for the effective scheduling and tracking of in-salon/store classes and in field events.
- Responsible for budgeting, coordinating and logistics of Brand distributor shows and events.
- Works with DOE, VP of Sales and Distributor partners in the planning of educational programs to fulfill market needs, meet sales objectives and support new product launches within their territory.
- Manages NYO Artist bookings, contracts and expense reports through the Event Management System.
- Participate in all corporate events inclusive of Divisional Meetings.
- Supports brand events and shows as directed.
- Maintains technical competence under L’Oreal/PPD standards.
- Attends divisional meetings, sales meetings and artist trainings as directed.
- Maintain the Brand Image as defined by the NYO.
Judgment and Decision Making:
This position requires intermittent supervision as incumbent will be working independently the majority of the time in the field directly with our field education and sales team and distributor partners.
Essential Physical Requirements
Limited travel within given territory (driving, flying, train, etc.), lifting of promotional materials and products up to 25 pound which may also require bending.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
- EDUCATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION
- Responsible for the effective scheduling and tracking of brand field based programs and in-salon education as it relates to top level salon education plans including specialty programs.
- Work with RE and DOE for planning and implementation, budgeting, coordinating and logistics for brand field based programs and distributor shows and events.
- Participate in sell-ins and sales meetings as directed.
- Manages contracted Artist bookings, contracts and expense reports through the Event Management System.
- Works with DOE to establish class qualification and artist selection for localized distributor education.
- REGIONAL BUDGET OVERSIGHT
- Manages in salon educational fuel budgets for submission to the VP of Education and the DOE.
- Works with Salon Centric Education team to reconcile and manage budgets monthly
- Manage POs for the territory.
- Manage M43 orders for the territory.
- EXPERIENCE AND EVENT MANAGEMENT
- Works closely with DOE, RE, DSD’S and distributor to establish participation in and logistics of major distributor shows and training programs.
- Works with DOE to develop a 12-18 month educational plan for distributors.
- Support setup, event logistics and breakdown for events as needed.
1. Sensitivity to Metier
2. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
3. Achieves Results, with Integrity
4. Manages Complexity
5. Leads with Human Sensitivity
6. Interacts Effectively
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.