Executive Assistant to Managing Director, CPD Division
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 38 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. This year we were also named one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the 8th time.
What are key highlights of this role?
The position reports into the Managing Director of the Consumer Products Division. As the Executive Assistant you will act as the gatekeeper to the MD and be aware of his deadlines and requirements. You will also be able to flag priorities, as appropriate to help the MD manage his time.
In addition to supporting the MD, you will lead and champion all brands within the Division.
- Administration and Executive Support: provide administration support for the CPD Managing Director and additional members of the team where necessary, including extensive diary, e-mail management, circulating internal documents and communications and preparing presentations as required
- Management of Meetings: arrange internal, national and international meetings, client meetings, make room bookings, order catering, arrange technical support, help with preparation of presentations, and arrange relevant travel and accommodation. The ability to build solid working relationships with the team and Assistant Network is essential
- Management of Deadlines and Requirements: flag priorities to MD and take initiative in managing their time effectively and respectfully towards peers and seniors
- Annual Country Visits: manage and execute a smooth and professional set of parallel agendas for the Group Chairman’s visit to include travel, meetings, dinners and liaising with the Senior Executive Assistant to ensure schedules are in sync cross-divisionally
- Events Management and International Visits: assist in the arrangement of the CPD conference, International Management visits, social gatherings such as the L’Oréal Christmas Party and team events
- Project Management: co-ordinate ad hoc projects as directed by the Managing Director
- Actively Participate in Group Initiatives: Role model the importance of Sharing Beauty With All within the division and Assistant community
- Work closely with the Senior Executive Assistant to oversee the development of CPD Assistants and support the wider network through engagement, training, recruitment and inductions
- Arrange inductions, organise IT equipment for new Management Committee members, schedule interviews and organise mid and end of year reviews
- Budget management: co-ordinate expenditure including collating expenses and raising Purchase Orders for the Managing Director
- Liaise with internal and external clients in a professional manner at all times, acting as a representative of the Company, Division and CPD MD
- Proof read and assist with preparations of presentations for international visits and compile reports, as directed by the Managing Director
- Responsible for management and use of Send Word Now software, to be used in the event of crisis in accordance with the Crisis Management Team
- Offer personal support in the capacity of other day to day personal tasks (travel, taxis, tax etc.)
- Represent the CPD division in the MICE purchasing review and actively campaign for improved suppliers relationships and processes. Be a key player in maintaining good relationships for events such as the Christmas Party, International Management visits and Annual Conference
- Actively assist with any office refurbishment project including raising all POs and Capex costs
- Actively attend the monthly TAN (The Assistant Network) forums on behalf of CPD
- Build and maintain divisional links and relationships with the other EAs to MDs, as well as working closely with the EA to Country manager role especially in relation to the Group Chairman’s visit
What key skills are L’Oréal looking for?
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with experience of building relationships across an organisation
- Problem solving skills
- Solutions orientated mindset with the ability to work at pace and cope with ambiguity
- Strong customer service philosophy
- Proven experience of process-improvement and creating a culture of continuous improvement
- Ability to analyse data, draw accurate conclusions and communicate key messages succinctly
- Strong planning and organisation skills – with an ability to appropriately re-prioritise and change as required
- The ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines
- Advanced MS Office
Potential next steps following this role
L’Oréal is focused on talent development. You will be supported throughout your career by your colleagues, line manager and the HR team with regular reviews and clear expectations and objectives. If you meet these objectives, you can expect your career to progress to other roles within the Company.
L’Oréal offers highly competitive salaries reviewed on an annual basis. Our profit sharing scheme gives you the potential to earn an additional 3.5 weeks salary, as a bonus linked to turnover and profit. We offer 25 days annual leave, in addition to eight days paid public holidays and 3pm finishes on Fridays, throughout July and August. Our employee product scheme offers significant discount across our product range. We offer a company pension scheme and a free life assurance scheme. We also offer childcare vouchers, a discounted dental care scheme and a wide range of optional benefits including retail vouchers, a wine club and discounted gym membership.
What key skills are L’Oréal looking for?
Demonstrates entrepreneurship, Manages Complexity, Achieves results with integrity, Acts/Leads with human sensitivity, Displays sensitivity to the metier, Interacts effectively, Innovates