Función Laboral: Operaciones
Tipo de contrato: Jornada Completa
Ubicación: California - Torrance
The Facilities Maintenance Technician operates as team member of the plant Facilities group. Performs routine maintenance and repairs on all equipment, base building and grounds.
This position fully supports and embraces safety and quality initiatives of our distribution Facility.
· Performs routine facilities maintenance duties such as painting, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, welding, HVAC repairs, and other related assignments.
· Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment.
· Monitors third party contractors.
· Responsible for working with equipment operators in monitoring all safety items on the equipment and keeping them in optimal operating condition.
· Monitors and maintains all necessary maintenance parts and supplies
· Monitors and maintains the plant fire sprinkler system, including fire pump, various system instruments and controls, and the alarm monitoring panel.
· Supports and embraces an interdependent safety culture and work proactively to accomplish the plants safety mission of zero accidents.
· Supports and embraces the Quality and Environmental missions of the plants.
· Performs preventative maintenance work orders generated from a CMMS system.
· Performs other duties and functions as required by the needs of the Department and Plant.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Previous experience in facilities maintenance.
· 2 years of college or trade school education, or an associate degree in maintenance technology, and/or 3-5 years’ of progressively responsible experience in equipment, building and grounds maintenance.
· PC knowledge; Word, Excel, Outlook.
· Ability to read and utilize process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, and general blueprints.
· Ability to understand and interpret instructional manuals containing schematic designs.
· Experience in a commercial and industrial environment, including battery charging, forklifts, electrical panels and lighting.
· Experience with pneumatic devices and hydraulic equipment is a plus.
· Must be able to work at various heights using ladders, scissor lifts, and boom lifts.
· General knowledge of pertinent OSHA rules and regulation.
· General knowledge of plumbing, painting, carpentry, and fabrication is essential.
· General knowledge of alarm systems, locks and door hardware.
· Must be able to work overtime including weekends.
· Must be available on an after hour on-call basis.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to interact with warehouse personnel and all levels of management.
· Must have good organizational skills with both paperwork and the inventory of parts and equipment.
· Must be able to handle multiple projects and prioritize daily workloads.