Position Overview: A certified Plant Maintenance mechanic must have sufficient experience to handle all maintenance problems related to the list of areas below with a minimum of supervision.
- Handle all maintenance problems related to the list of areas below, with minimal supervision:
- Power Distribution, including 220 to 480 volts
- Electrical Control Systems
- Boiler Operations
- Plant Systems, i.e. Alarm Systems, etc.
- General Building and Grounds Maintenance
- Fire Systems
- Hydraulic Blue Prints
- Refrigeration and Cooling Equipment
- Knowledge of Good manufacturing procedures (GMPs)
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED certification
- Past experience in the maintenance of plant facilities and all equipment and machinery, including air-conditioning and boiler, both high and low pressure types.
- This is to include experience in the physical structure of the plant, plumbing, electrical, painting, machine ship work, sheet metal work, welding, carpentry, millwright, etc.
Tools and Equipment Used in Job/Environmental Factors:
- Must wear all proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
*Hourly Rate: $31.83 + shift differential (if applicable), plus full benefits (medical, dental, vision, pension and 401K).
- Able to read standard measuring instruments such as a micrometer, Vernier, ohmmeter, voltmeter, etc.
- Capable of reading and understanding all types of blue prints.
- Have and ability to think out problems in a logical process of elimination sequence.
- Physically able to do heavy lifting and climbing.
- Must have knowledge of and be capable of working with all products including current and promotional products.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 30 pounds.
- Must be capable doing repeated bending, lifting and standing for long hours.
- Must be proficient in the English language (Able to speak and write effectively).
- Must be able to work off shifts, including overtime.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.