Based: Llantrisant, Wales
Duration: 54 Weeks
Start Dates: Monday 6th July 2020
Application Deadline: 22nd November 2019 however roles are filled on a rolling basis
Annual Salary: £20,000 per annum
As a billion pound company success often stems from managing the P&L effectively. At L’Oréal finance is not just sitting on excel, you will have direct exposure to people in all functions including marketing, purchasing and IT providing you with the perfect opportunity to understand how L'Oréal operates.
You will be placed in one of our 34 brands and become an integral part of the team using all major financial software programmes i.e. Salesforce, SAP and Magnitude. The role will test and develop your financial awareness, business acumen and interpersonal skills. You will undertake projects (e.g. cost cutting project) alongside your day to day duties and ad hoc report requests.
- Optimise the Group’s financial results by controlling/ensuring financial discipline.
- Give financial assistance to Marketing Controller and marketing teams on a day to day basis.
- Analyse, report and ensure correct procedures are enforced
- Use your initiative to manage growth and contribution to everything from product launches to pricing strategies.
- Have full ownership of month end media reconciliation, looking at actuals to media plans. Involves liaising with our external media company to ensure the correct media costs are taken within the month
- Assist in smooth closure of the month end process; ensuring costs are accounted for correctly within the P&L by running SAP reports and liaising with the marketing and purchasing teams
- Communicate the weekly statistics to the marketing teams.
- Calculation of month end commission on media to send to the advertising agency for billing
- Provide key corporate decision-makers with timely and accurate information
- Strong technical skills along with an ability to analyse and draw conclusions from complex data, use this insight to provide reasoned recommendations
- Confidence in using Microsoft Excel with the aptitude to learn more
- Enjoy seeking new and creative solutions to business problems and using financial skills to approach these with an objective and rational view
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a multi-functional environment
- Good communication skills to interact effectively with your business partners outside the Finance function
- Be able to operate in a fast moving environment, who can adapt to changing deadline
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
At L’Oréal, we strongly believe that diversity is a source of creativity, growth and performance. By promoting the respect and value of difference through human resources development, we have established ourselves as a global corporate citizen and a preferred employer. We aim for our teams to reflect the diversity both of our consumers and our catchment areas, at all levels, particularly in terms of nationality, sexual orientation, ethnic and social origins, disability, gender and age.
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary and you have the eligible rights to work etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to an online assessment called Seedlink. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying! We will then take your score, see if you meet the benchmark and if so, submit you to the final review for Assessment Centre.
We will be running Assessment Centres throughout October, November and December. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre isn’t until December!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.