The world leader in cosmetics, L’Oréal is present in 150 countries on five continents. Our 35 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. Our ambition is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products, and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 78% since 2005.
The distance between beauty and tech is closing rapidly, and we are determined to be pioneers in this new beauty tech world. New digital technologies and services are making the world of beauty move faster than ever before. Data and artificial intelligence are opening new horizons for personalization and customization. By incorporating digital into everything that we do, we are creating a better relationship with our consumers.
When beauty and tech collide, the impossible can happen!
In our journey, we are looking for talented individuals who can lead us on this mission. Would you like to be a part of the adventure?
We have a suitable opportunity in the Luxury division for the position of Senior Manager - Sales Development (All Channels). In this Individual role, you will be responsible to drive the Sales Development and Planning process for all channels for the Luxury Division. You should have minimum 6-8 years’ experience in Sales Planning / Modern Trade / E Commerce. The location of the job will be Mumbai – HO
Lead the business planning process and performance tracking
- Development & deployment of channel’s commercial & GTM strategy for short & long-term horizons in conjunction with the Commercial & Divisional leadership
- Own and manage business planning process to create Retailer / E-tailer (X) brand plans. Liaise with brand, account management, demand planning, supply chain and finance teams to create a consolidated channel plan. Conceptualize and act as custodian of key business levers.
- Responsible for management of channel budgets & spends along with delivery of top-line & gross-sale Annual Operating Plan for the year in-line with the strategy
- Development of the right sales forecast & spend budget for the annual and monthly planning cycles for the channel
- Spotlighting, sizing, GTM development and tracking of new product launches in the channel in partnership with marketing, sales & supply chain teams.
- Plan & manage an optimum mix of business drivers – Consumer promos, New launches, Distribution expansion and development etc within purview of the annual budget & strategy
- Create effective review plan for these resources to understand performance, ROI and future actions against established goals
- Responsible for efficient execution & tracking of business inputs & drivers, tracking of performance and execution plans.
Manage reporting, data sources and drive cadence for deriving insights for decision making
- Manage sales reporting throughout the channel and relevant tool set ups. Periodic analysis of various performance data sets, both internal & external, to derive the right conclusions & trends for decision making and future action
- Development & deployment of right analytical tools, insights and RGM principles to measure & refine strategic commercial inputs & opportunities for business
- Work closely with CMI and report and analyse market trends, business performance and its levers and make recommendations.
- Harness Retailer & E-tailer reported/crawled data for meaningful insights on business performance.
- Shape and disseminate analysis and synthesize to help decision makers to drive business activity.
- Development of the right MIS tools, reports & dashboards to assist effective & efficient decision making by leadership
- Responsible for scouting for opportunities and challenges on the short-term and long-term horizon through analysis of internal & external data reports.
Training & Capability Development
- Set up in-store assistance capabilities for high skilled selling. Generating trails through advisor network.
- Manage training of the advisor network for upgradation and upskilling.
- Drive Strategic Projects & Capability Building
- Represent Retailer / E-Commerce business in cross-functional projects & ensure business objectives of the project are delivered.
- Conceptualise and execute projects of strategic importance to the overall business for digital capability development
Development, Tracking & Review of Strategy
- Facilitate development of commercial strategy in conjunction with commercial head using internal & external data.
- Development of the right indicators & KPIs for the strategy and input-mix required to drive the strategy, aligning the same with concerned stakeholders
- Develop an efficient roll-out and review mechanism for periodic evaluation
- A planning mind-set to understand and implement the science and art of sales planning
- Team Management
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand, organize and analyze large data sets.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and ability to work in a cross-functional environment
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of systems and processes with a continuous improvement mindset
Physical Demands (e.g. % travel):
- Travel will be need based
L’Oréal is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. L’Oréal closely prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.