R&I 12 Month Intern Human Resources
L'Oréal USA is the largest subsidiary of the L'Oréal Group, the world’s leading beauty company. L’Oréal USA manages a portfolio of more than 30 iconic beauty brands, including Garnier, Giorgio Armani Beauty, Kérastase, Lancôme, La Roche-Posay, L’Oréal Paris and Yves Saint Laurent Beauté. L’Oréal USA also serves as the international hub for the product development and marketing strategy for L’Oréal’s 16 American brands: Baxter of California, Carol’s Daughter, Clarisonic, Dermablend, Essie, IT Cosmetics, Kiehl’s, Matrix, Maybelline New York, Mizani, NYX, Ralph Lauren Fragrances, Redken, Softsheen-Carson, SkinCeuticals and Urban Decay.
Generating more than $6 billion in sales annually, L’Oréal USA is committed to growth through sustainable innovation, driven by the company’s Sharing Beauty with All ambition for sustainable development across the Group’s value chain. The company is headquartered in New York City, employs more than 10,000 people, and operates administrative, research, manufacturing and distribution facilities across 13 states, including Arkansas, California, Florida, Kentucky, New Jersey, Ohio, Texas and Washington.
Provide support to the R&I Human Resources Department
- Process workflows, open job requisitions and assist with maintenance of HRIS database
- Coordinate and administer communication and process candidates for the intern/co-op program
- Schedule interviews for all internal candidates
- Schedule interviews and assist in recruiting non-exempt staff
- Assist with various annual HR processes and programs including salary planning, Pulse, Simplicity and bi-annual talent review meetings
- Assist Learning and Development with the administration and coordination of all training programs
- Assist with headcount reporting
- Run reports and conduct data analysis for special projects and provide concise, accurate presentations of data
- Assist with managing file room, AAP and labor law compliance postings
- Support team members in identifying and implementing continuous improvement ideas
- Assist in planning of special events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Health Screenings, Town Hall, etc.)
- Perform special projects as required
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Seeking or completed a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
- Prior experience in HR field (internship experience accepted)
- Must possess strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills along with ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees
- Strong PC skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Intermediate Level Skills in MS Excel such as working with formulas, data tables, pivot tables, queries, custom functions, data management and analysis
- Intermediate Level Skills in MS Power Point such as inserting charts, graphs and tables, animation and multimedia, customizing slide shows with hyperlinks, drawing and working with objects, speaker notes and meeting notes, and advanced presentation features
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, multi-task
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.