Sourcing Co-op (6-months, part time hours)
Assist with a full range of responsibilities in Purchasing; input and create data in SAP/SRM system; identify and perform reconciliations of invoice discrepancies; run monthly financial reports, maintain component price lists. Responsibilities include organizing, tracking, issuing and maintaining various documents in conjunction with suppliers/vendors. Assist buyers with monthly reporting, analysis, and project related work. Conduct relevant analysis and assist Commodity Experts/Lead Buying Experts and Divisional Purchasing management in the sourcing of new product launches. Assist in the implementation of value analysis projects. Conduct relevant RFP via e-purchasing system and 1st analysis as appropriate to assist strategic sourcing management decisions and negotiations. Assist with vendor evaluations, and special project assignments
- Candidate must be in Junior or Senior year of undergrad or first year of master's degree, minimum 3.2 GPA
- Must be working towards a degree in Supply Chain, Business, or similar discipline.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and a willingness to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and possess above average decision-making ability.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing, permanent basis.
- Must be available to work 24 hours a week (maximum)
- Prior Internship or Co-op Experience a plus.
Key abilities include:
- Problem solving and assisting with the resolution of Operations issues.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks at the same time and manage one's time productively.
- Ability to simplify complex issues, create new ideas and define new ways to move forward.
- Must be able to make decisions in a timely manner, try new solutions and take risks
- Ability to motivate and inspire colleagues to think 'out of the box' and challenge the current state of affairs to take the business to the next level.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills that allow the team to pioneer sustainable operational improvements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to be able to interface with all levels of the organization including Senior Management
- Presents confidently with passion and demonstrates the ability to convince others and if needed becomes the single champion of an idea.
- Must demonstrate a keen sense of urgency & drive and rapidly adjust priorities where appropriate.
- Manages cross-functional projects effectively and builds effective networks.
- Takes initiative to improve business performance and goes beyond the scope of a given position.
- Understand group policy and use data analytic skills to build digital tools and solutions to help identify team opportunities and improve team efficiency to reach compliance. Some of the group norms that we must track include Supplier Referencing, Call for Tender, and Price Management.
- Establish and maintain an open path of communication with team members through 1-on-1 touch base to troubleshoot non-compliance points and provide recommendations on how to actively close gap to risk.
- Regularly report to the team and leadership the team progress and process implementations to reach compliance in the short and long term.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.