Función Laboral: Supply Chain
Tipo de contrato: Jornada Completa
Ubicación: New Jersey - Clark
Manager of International Transportation
The Manager is responsible for international transportation management, hazardous material compliance, and information management for both domestic and international transport in support of corporate operations. Perform analysis through research, gathering, and interpretation of data assisting in the development of optimization, cost reduction, and service enhancing projects in support of corporate transportation. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs are to be written. Define, update and manage Transport Cahier des Charges (CDC) documents for inbound transportation process. The position will be based in Clark, NJ with travel to other L'Oreal sites in NJ/NY as needed.
The Manager is responsible for working with freight forwarders on imports of raw materials and components, as well as finished goods inbound shipments for all L’Oreal USA divisions. The manager is also responsible to coordinate pickup process between L’Oreal shipping/MSL and freight forwarders to facilitate export shipments process to L’Oreal affiliate’s market.
- Track, analyze, and report transportation metrics in support of inbound transportation management, and prepare analytics to support, and design the implement for transport optimization solutions
- Assist in the development of scorecards and execute management routines, partnering with team members to report logistic performance, operations, and the financial metrics of transportation.
- Work as liaison between transport team, carriers, customs brokers, and L’Oreal trade compliance for import/export flow’s trade compliance management
- Liaise with all government agencies related to transportation, trade, regulatory (US Customs & Border Patrol, International Maritime Organization, DOT, IATA, FDA)
- Manage AFA approval process for inbound air freight shipments to L’Oreal manufacturing sites
- Provide expert advisement to Corporate IT on transportation issues related commodity and regulatory issues
- Develop expertise of international transportation industry, laws and regulations
- Inbound total landed cost analysis, such as incoterm validation Ex work vs. DDP, including freight, customs brokerage, and customs duties cost analysis
- Collaborate with central transport team, and internal stakeholder to provide guidelines for Inbound transport budget preparation
- Tactical point of contact with forwarders and L’Oreal internal customers
- Tactical and operational issues should collaborate with Transport operations team (planner and customer service team)
- Carrier compliance and KPIs reporting should collaborate with Carrier compliance team
o Freight forwarders
o Cross Border carriers
o Customs brokers
- Work as liaison between transport team, carriers, customs brokers, and new customs compliance organization for trade compliance issues
- Trade compliance (i.e. L’Oreal FTZ, shipment documentation issues with US customs and FDA, CTPAT certification)
- 5-7 years of experience working in the international transportation field
- Bachelor’s degree in Transportation or Supply Chain or Operations Management
- Knowledge of the international and domestic transportation industry and carrier and forwarder and other transportation services including LTL, TL, Small Parcel, and Airfreight.
- Knowledge and understanding of global and domestic transportation laws and regulations including shipping of hazardous materials.
- Solid planning and implementation capabilities.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Advanced level computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Access, TMS, SAP