L'Oreal is looking for talented and experienced Statisticians or Data Scientists that are proud and passionate about their skills. You love research and are up to date on all the latest advancements in Design of Experiments, regression and prediction modellings (Physico-Chemistry, sensory, consumer, etc.,) and clinical studies methodologies, and care about seeing your research make it into products.
You are resourceful, self-motivated and pride yourself on your creativity and ability to design elegant solutions to hard problems.
You communicate well and love working as part of a team.
Kanagawa, Kawasaki, Japan –
- Participate in L’Oréal Research worldwide activities for innovative methods and applications in the field of clinical assessment, Physico-chemistry and raw materials, production development and optimization. Work on a variety of projects in the domain of skin care, make-up, and hair, etc.
- Independently apply and implement basic and complex statistical techniques to help translate data into information, support results interpretation.
- Work along with scientific computing worldwide team to develop statistical analysis process, plans and determine appropriate statistical methodology for data analysis as part of the study protocol and design.
- Cultivate data, Designs of Experiment, regression and prediction modelling (physico-chemistry, sensory, consumer, etc.,), clinical study methodologies, statistical culture for Japan R&I by statistical support, trainings, workshops and best practices
● Ensure quality collection and data relevance (quality and robustness)
● Compute screening, quantitative studies, optimization and mixture designs (DOE)
- Contribute to decision making, interpret statistical results in a clear and clean way to help project leaders make data driven decisions.
- Deeply understand Japan digital ecosystem, maintain current and build up new external networks and introduce relevant technology to accelerate innovation
● Collaborate with the statistical service outside vendors to ensure all programs meet analysis requirements, internal standard operating procedures, and external regulatory requirements when it is necessary.
● Ensure the statistical methods and analyses provided to R&I teams are high quality, reliable and relevant in relation to latest developments
● Transfer and adapt algorithms and toolboxes developed by scientific computing team
- Actively promote the use of statistics by engaging with various cross disciplinary teams
- Post-graduate degree in Statistics or in a scientific field with a strong statistical content,
- The seniority of the position will be decided upon the candidate's profile
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, in Design of Experiment / Clinical studies / Regression modelling and data analysis
- Hands on experience with R / Python or related machine learning library
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills, ability to tackle hard problems and produce stepwise solutions
- Experience in formulation, Physico-Chemistry will be an advantage but not a prerequisite
- Independent, ability to work autonomously and manage priorities, and retaining a collaborative and inclusive approach with others
- Good communication skill and problem solving ability, ability to communicate statistical issues and ideas to non-statisticians
- Self-starter with initiative and desire to learn
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work effectively in unstructured environments.
- Business level English, French or Japanese language skills is a plus
- Job type full-time
- Job location Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan