Job: 12 Month Junior Human Resources Associate – Talent Management
Department: Human Resources
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: HR Manger
For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
The Manager-HR is responsible for supporting HR Generalist initiatives, administrative tasks, and Talent Development projects for the L’Oreal USA Corporate Talent Management Division Human Resources Department. This role will focus on the development of strong junior talent pipeline through Summer Internships and Junior Marketing Associate Program to serve as the feeder for the Marketing Management Trainee (Pepiniere) program while working with functional groups to help attract, recruit, develop and manage talent. This will align with the overall business strategy including applicant sourcing, recruiting, file maintenance, onboarding, HRIS, training and development, organization development, and executive administration.
Key Job Accountabilities:
Generalist & Administration:
- HR Generalist duties for all Marketing Management Trainee (Pepiniere) population which include onboarding new employees, managing HR workflows, facilitating employee moves, organizing new hires for orientation, preparing organizational charts, managing and analyzing HR reports, prepping meeting materials, maintaining HR records, managing applicant flow and the interview process for junior HR talent, drafting HR announcements, and ordering supplies
- Oversee the overall FIT process and ensure onboarding is followed through for all new hires; this includes all new hires in scope - logistics such as announcements, Relocation, seating/space, IT equipment, company cars, RedCarpet, non-competes, systems access, mobile devices, corporate cards, etc.
- Initiate data change requests and ensures system accuracy of HR transactions including new hires, terminations, job changes, salary modifications and other job-related requests; prepares offer letters, compensation proposals, and open job requisitions
- Serve as the key partner for summer interns and Junior Marketing Associates with coordination and analysis, and recommend appropriate strategies to support recruitment, development, and retainment of intern population to pepiniere
- Assist with the hiring selection of incoming Pepiniere class and manage/coordinate candidate interviews with both HR and line managers
- Assist in coordinating the Pepiniere Orientation & Onboarding curriculum for each incoming class
- Assist in the placement of the Pepiniere for the field and marketing rotations
- Assist in developing the Alumni Network
Data Analysis & Reporting:
- Perform data analysis and create PowerPoint presentations, as needed for both internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare reporting, and analyses as required, for annual talent review, salary exercise, Affirmative Action Plan
- Provide weekly/bi-weekly or Monthly monitoring and reporting on
- MJO applications
- AM/Mgr Open reqs across L’USA
- Pepiniere and alumni Historical List & KPIs (i.e. retention, talent status)
- HR Special projects/responsibilities as defined by department management
- Candidates must have received a Bachelor’s degree within the last 12 months OR must have graduated with a Master’s degree within the last 12 months with no gap more than 5 months in education history
- Possess a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Prior internship or office experience preferred
- Have excellent organizational skills, keen eye for attention to detail and proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Possess strong verbal communication, writing and interpersonal skills along with the ability to form strong cross-functional relationships
- Have demonstrated use of analytical skills – both using tools (ex. Excel, Business Objects, etc.) and problem solving/critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail while juggling multiple priorities
- Possess cross cultural awareness and high emotional intelligence
- Be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic and sense of confidentiality
- Have a “customer service” orientation with ability to escalate issues when appropriate
- Flexibility to work/commute in both New York and New Jersey
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite of products including Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, -PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook for email, calendar, contacts, scheduling and task management required
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), presentation and networking skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast paced environment with composure, as well as independently.
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
This position is NON-EXEMPT under FLSA, and is eligible for straight time up to 40 hours and overtime paid in accordance with FLSA regulations after working 40 hours in a weekly period.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.