Job: Junior Marketing Associate
Department: Global Marketing - L'Oréal USA
Division: Luxe – Ralph Lauren Fragrances DMI
Location: New York, New York
12-Month Junior Marketing Associate on the Ralph Lauren Fragrances DMI Global Marketing team, specifically responsible for the anti-aging category.
The candidate selected for this position will be:
- A creative visionary and strategic thinker
- Resilient: able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Passionate about by trends, new products, and advertising
- Able to self-manage projects and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Experience in the industry is a plus, but NOT necessary.
Key Job Accountabilities:
Social Listening and Competitive Research
- Keep up-to-date on the latest products, trends, and insights across platforms (social media, blog, print/digital magazines)
- Continuously compile information about competitive new launches, advertising, and formulas.
- Present competitive findings to team and/or brand manage on a monthly basis.
- Perform ad-hoc competitive analysis relevant for team’s projects
- Track and monitor competitive new launches
- Organize and prepare competitive products trays for internal meetings
Product Ideation and Development
- Propose need gaps based on analysis of competitive landscape, market data, and trends that align with the brand identity
- Generate ideas and write creative concepts for new products
- Work with team to brainstorm product names
- Assist in preparation for team/brand meetings
- Manage artwork process
- Manage new product mockup process
- Track and monitor Ralph Lauren's new launches
- Undertake ad-hoc projects specific to business/division needs
- Provide additional administrative support on an as-needed basis
- Manage all internal systems – DPM, Magellan, MyMarket, SHOP, ESKO, OPERA, NPD, Beaute Research
- Manage team reference files for all management meetings
- Bachelor’s degree; must have graduated within the past 12 months
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Must provide valid work authorization in the United States
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent written, analytical and communication skills
- Solid understanding of data management and ability to use Excel to organize data, create reports, and deliver meaningful insights and recommendations
- Ability to create strategic presentations using PowerPoint
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.