Manager/Sr. Manager – Strategic Planning, Key Accounts
Division: Wholesale Sales
Supervisor Title: AVP, Strategic Planning, Wholesale Sales, Key Accounts
Location: New York Office
The Manager of Strategic Planning is responsible for driving retail sales and the associated sell-in of a forecasted dollar volume into the retail account(s). Strategic Planner will play an instrumental role in the planning and execution of Kiehl’s sales & marketing initiatives for each account. Act as key liaison between Kiehl’s and the assigned account(s). Interact with buying office in all aspects of the ordering process to ensure the company’s net goals are met. Participate in negotiating new distribution opportunities including space and location, capital agreements and opening orders. Perform all administrative functions for their account(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning & achieving net/retail sales goals for the account(s). Compile all daily, weekly and monthly retail/net sales reports to ensure accurate forecasting. Manage all account(s) stock and sales plans with accuracy; negotiate with retailer on the shipments and order flow managing retailer shipping schedules and communicate in Order Write meetings
- Participate in forecasting sales for new launch SKUs
- Responsible for the overall stock levels and ensure appropriate product mix of stock is available in the account/stores by assuring timely ordering, proactively monitoring and resolving low or out of stock conditions. Control and update stock and sales plan, product and returns. Manage promotional order process, from purchase order to shipment.
- Actively participate in open to buy negotiation along with Assistant Vice President.
- Responsible for preparing account and internal meeting information in conjunction with Assistant Vice President.
- Work in conjunction with the Assistant Vice President to establish the promotional strategy for the business, input the agreed upon contracts as well as maintaining all advertising, markdown, and return/DIF budgets in LEAP.
- Builds strong, influential partnerships with buyers to maximize space and visual priority, full stock conditions and the retailer's contribution to advertising and sales enhancing events.
- Communicate and follow up on all necessary business information from buying office to all internal stakeholders.
- Establish strong working partnerships with the Field Sales Directors, STMs (self-assist field team) as well as cross-functional corporate office teams to influence & acquire key resources, obtain problem solving advice and take advantage of assistance in highly critical negotiations for their account(s).
- Administrative: Maintain retailer side by side calendars for Self-Assist Field, track processes with cross functional team (i.e. planogram updates, digital asset delivery, etc.), enter allowance requests into Leap for approval and management, work with Wholesale Transversal Coordinator on Item Set-Up Form, Excel Schematic Planograms, and all other retailer form requirements.
Administrative tasks as required
Judgement and Decision Making:
- Work with AVP, Strategic Planning and Marketing team to develop and propose Retailer Strategy for assigned account(s)
- Build bottom-up and top-down retailer strategies that drive sales
- Work with AVP, Self-Assist on the planning of Net and Retail Sales, and Allowances for Wholesale Accounts
- Forecast Weekly, Monthly Shipments and Retails by Account, working closely with Sales Admin and adjusting based on business needs.
- Participate in the 3-Year Planning and Trend Projections by Account
- Work closely with Regional Directors & Self-Assist field team (STMs) sharing key Kiehl's strategies for execution.
- Validate annual Retail and Net goal by territory.
- Partner with Sales Admin on allocations and prioritization of inventory.
- Manage the logistics of disco/phase in's/ reformulated product impact.
- Plan Net and Retail Sales, and Allowances for Accounts and adhere to compliance policies
- Work closely with field team sharing key strategies for execution
- Partner with Sales Admin on allocations and prioritization of inventory
- Manage the logistics of launch/disco/phase-ins/renovation and impact with cross-functional teams and buying office
Experience, Competencies and Physical Requirements
- Bachelor degree and minimum of 5+ years’ experience in Cosmetic or retail management (Retailer Buying Office experience considered a plus)
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, creative thinker
- Ability to establish strong working relationship with buying group
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Analytical in approach to identifying opportunities
- Must effectively monitor, analyze, interpret and communicate business information
- Strong negotiation skills
- Highly proficient computer skills necessary – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Occasional travel to retailer buying office
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.