Función del empleo: Retail
Tipo de puesto: Fix Term
Tipo de empleo: Full - Time
País: United Kingdom
L’Oréal Multi Brand Area Manager (Consumer Products Division)
(Midlands/ Wales FTC 12 Months Commencing January 2023)
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
As part of the Consumers Products Division, you’ll be playing a huge part in our mission: to democratize the best of beauty, and for us, beauty has to be sustainable.
We embrace and enhance emerging trends to create the most relevant and sustainable beauty products and experiences, making them accessible to each and everyone all around the world, thanks to the diversity of our brands and their communities.
Our Division has the world’s #1 beauty brand in L’Oréal Paris, the #1 makeup brand in Maybelline New York, the #1 natural brand in Garnier, as well as NYX Professional Make Up. Beyond our four iconic global brands, we have a unique brand portfolio including among others like Essie and Garnier.
Our Consumer Products Division Community within the L’Oréal portfolio, is made up of a fierce community of independent spirits, ready to inspire their customers with creating Bold, Colourful and Expressive make-up trends and looks.
You will take full responsibility for your brands in your Region by maximising the sales objectives and managing, motivating, developing and coaching employees across a number of counters. the Midlands across to Wales (Peterborough, Reading, Oxford, Birmingham, Leicester Fosse Park, Bristol, Cardiff and Swansea).
We are looking for an exceptional Retail Area Manager who can blend strategic business acumen with a service-led coaching style to navigate the future of our retail space. You will lead by example, with a genuine excitement and love for our brands, luxury retail and exceptional customer experiences.
· Support your team of Beauty Enthusiasts to achieve the targets and manage the collection of NPS and CRM data, encouraging Beauty Advisors to experiment outside of their comfort zone with eventing
· Through regular in store visits provide detailed feedback to Retail & Education Director and HR Retail on successes and challenges
· Manage the FTE and Headcount targets for the stores in your region and monitor productivity levels
· Put in place action plans to grow the sales and KPI’s of your stores
· Identify opportunities through analysis of the business and react to the market to maximize results
· Leverage your retail acumen and skills to influence your retailers. Influence future retailer initiatives; ensuring the brands maximizes all available opportunities Support seasonal retailer strategy meetings and maintain regular interim meetings reviewing performance and recommending actions as needed
PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT:
· Have a passion for your people – as part of your role you will strategically spend a lot of time in store coaching and developing Beauty Consultants with a focus on development of service and commercial skill sets
· Recruit, onboard, coach and develop new starters into the business,
· Contribute to the engagement of digital learning and engagement to drive engagement and continue to build on pro level makeup artistry
· Collaborate with teams to ensure consistency, success and achieve results together
o Previous sales and team management experience, ideally within beauty industry
o Exceptional leadership and coaching skills
o Experience and understanding of effective sales techniques, customer service and proven ability to drive results
o Strong analytical skills
o Valid UK driving licence
o Strong capability on Microsoft Office (including Excel & PowerPoint ) and Outlook
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome, and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.