Función Laboral: Investigación
Tipo de contrato: Jornada Completa
Ubicación: FR - Paris
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted itself solely to one business: beauty. It is a business rich in meaning, as it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. From make-up to hair color, from hair care to skincare and fragrances, our products magnify, beautify, soothe, moisturize, strengthen, rejuvenate... Regardless of a person’s age, origin or personality, above all and before all, they enable her or him to care for what is certainly most precious to each man and each woman – and most fragile: the face, the skin, the body… in a word: caring for oneself.
Our research budget reached €794 million in 2015, which represents 3.1% of turnover.
In the last 10 years, our Research budget has increased more rapidly than the Group's sales.
More than 490 patents were registered in 2015. Our workforce consists of 3800 employees, representing about sixty nationalities and thirty different scientific backgrounds (chemistry, physics, biology, dermatology, optics, rheology, IT, statistics, analysis, etc.).
We are currently looking for
our Head of Environmental Safety, someone with a spirit of
innovation and excited about challenge. If you think you are this person, join
Ensure sustainable use of all chemicals used by the L’Oréal group in cosmetics products. This includes compliance with chemicals regulations across the globe and defense of chemicals that are under scrutiny for environmental concerns.
- Lead the Environmental Safety group within Worldwide Safety Evaluation department
along with RPIM (Regulatory Policy & Issue Management) strategic plans to
defend the chemicals used by L’Oréal that are under scrutiny for environmental
Ensure with RPIM that with respect to the above
that proposed Risk Management Measures/Options are proportionate with
scientifically assessed environmental risks,
Represent L’Oréal and defend the company’s interest
in professional associations (Cosmetics Europe, IFRA, CEFIC, ECETOC…),
- Propose appropriate and targeted testing strategies designed to best fulfill regulatory requirements,
- Initiate and oversight of ecotoxicology studies (at external laboratories) according to U.S., OECD, and/or EU regulatory guidelines,
- Prepare and review of environmental risk assessments and other regulatory documents to support registration of chemicals in Europe, China, Australia and Canada,
- Interact with external scientists in industry, academia and government,
- Maintain current knowledge of new developments in chemical environmental regulations and evaluate their potential impacts on the registration of L'Oréal products.
- Excellent understanding of chemicals and environmental regulations particularly in the EU, REACH and the Water Framework Directive,
- Leadership based on well-argued positions, trust and credibility,
- Capacity to rapidly analyze diverging interests and negotiate win-win solutions,
- Experience of managing people,
- Proven track record in the registration of chemicals, monitoring ecotoxicological studies, modeling (SimpleTreat, CHESAR, EUSES....) and environmental risk assessment,
- Experience in running QSARs and preparing according documents following REACH guidance documents (QPRF, QMRF),
- Good command of English,
- Excellent written and communications skills,
- Sound judgement and decision-making ability.
MSc or PhD in Biology or a closely related field