Senior Data Privacy Legal Counsel
L’Oréal is present in 140 countries on five continents. For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted itself solely to one business: beauty. A unique and international portfolio of 34 complementary brands, generating over 29.87 billion euro of sales in 2019 : Lancôme, Garnier, L’Oréal Paris, Armani Parfums, YSL, Kerastase, Vichy, Kiehl’s, La Roche-Posay, Gemey Maybelline NY, Shu Uemura, NYX, Urban Decay, Diesel, Mugler, Azzaro, Prada, Valentino...
L’Oréal is seeking an experienced privacy attorney to join the Global Data Privacy team which role is to:
- Defining the Group Data Privacy strategy and roadmap;
- Monitoring and ensuring Group Data privacy compliance worldwide;
- Assist the various functions (such as IT, Digital, HR, Marketing, Beauty Tech, R&I teams) in their daily innovative projects and initiatives ;
- Leading communities of business experts and the DPO community.
- Anticipate and analyze regulatory changes worldwide;
- Work closely with the public affairs teams on data privacy related subjects.
Location : Clichy (92)
As Senior Data Privacy Legal Counsel, you will be in charge of supporting and assisting the Associate General Counsel and the Group Data Protection Officer in supporting, managing and coordinating data privacy activities across L’Oréal Group. You will act in an international environment and work mainly in English.
In light of data protection legislations and in close collaboration with the Country DPOs and legal directors, you will be supporting innovative initiatives carried out by the Group, ensuring the implementation and monitoring all data privacy policies and providing timely and pragmatic data privacy legal advice.
You will also work on Privacy by Design deployment across the Group, including the Data Privacy Impact Assessment methodology developed by L’Oréal.
Daily, you will have the opportunity to manage a wide range of data protection activities throughout the different sector of the L’Oreal Group and interact with various stakeholders, by setting up Group data privacy referential, tool and documentation packages, reviewing contractual agreements, dealing with training and upskilling program, monitoring the data privacy management tools (legal tech).
You will also closely contribute to the development and effective implementation of the company’s strategic approach to data privacy and participate to external data privacy work groups.
- 6-8 years of privacy and data protection-related legal experience in-house with a global company and/or law firm experience.
- Academic qualification preferably in Law (alternatively in Information Technology) - Solid background in privacy and data protection law - Certification CIPP/E, CIPP/M, CIPP/T or alike are appreciated
- Ability to apply that knowledge in a practical and pragmatic way and experience of contract negotiation
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of business environment and business models.
- Strong experience in project management and change management
- Sound judgment, excellent problem-solving skills, practicality, a focus on business outcomes, and flexibility to manage multiple matters simultaneously.
- Ability to share knowledge and best practice effectively with wider team, with a view to enable self-service and quick turnaround of routine matters.
- Sound IT and digital knowledge.
- Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the company.
- Ability to identify, prioritize and resolve issues quickly and effectively is essential.
- Proven skill at working across a global organization and having cultural dexterity.
- English is a must have and further language skills welcomed